TWO

"L-Lady O-Odette, L-Lady O-Odette, y-you n-need t-to w-wake u-up. L-Lord is calling for you."

A maid dressed in her black uniform stood before a large bed, and nervousness was visible on the maid's face. Her hand trembled slightly as her anxious eyes gazed upon the sleeping girl.

Hearing that voice, Odette found it seeming familiar. Nonetheless, that was not her concern. A pounding headache went through her forehead, and she was not in a mood to get off from the bed.

"L-Lady, please, you need to get off of that bed; L-Lord will be getting angry if you are late."

The stuttering of the maid irritated Odette, and reaching into her pillow, her hand held on to something. Then, removing the blanket off of her, she abruptly got up from the bed.

Sitting up on the bed, Odette took out a silver dagger from underneath of her pillow and held it against the maid's neck swiftly. The fear began more evident in the maid's eyes, and her legs began to shiver.

Odette stared down at the maid's leg and realized that her knee was about to give out. One's fear towards her gave rise to joy within Odette.

Nonetheless, seeing how weak the maid was, the pleasure derived was not much; there was not much fun in people who were easily frightened.

When her eyes fell upon her hand, a realization dawned upon her, and her eyes widened. Shock could easily be seen in her eyes as she noticed how small her hands were.

The dagger in her hand moved a little, scraping against the maid's neck, and as the blood flowed from her neck slightly, the maid collapsed on the floor, losing her consciousness.

Not paying any mind to the maid, Odette brought her palms closer to her eyes and began to scan them. They have really gotten smaller.

Then, she stood up on the bed, and realizing that that the size of her entire body had shrunk, disbelief instantly showed on her face.

That's when, she recalled about Adrian driving the blade through her chest, and it was clearly imprinted on her mind on how she took her last breath.

Holding the dagger against her right hand, she brushed it past the skin of her wrist, making a cut upon it. As she lifted her dagger, she noticed the blood flowing out of it.

Pain— that was when she felt that. Although the reaction was slow, that pain was very much there. The numbness was not there. The pain felt very much realistic, living her baffled.

Despite that, the situation seemed surreal to her. Jumping off the bed, she turned her head towards the mirror and made her way to it.

Her lips were pursed into a thin line as she stared at her reflection at the mirror. Not only had her size had shrunk, it appeared that she had become younger as well.

Raising her hand, she touched her face softly. Her cheeks were slightly chubby, and innocence radiated off of her face. Her black hair rested on her shoulders while her green eyes held surprise in them.

"What type of cruel game of fate is this?" she questioned.