ELEVEN

Her losing to Richard did not elicit surprised or disappointed expression from her father. In fact, he appeared to be quite pleased.

From his point of view, defeating Richard was not possible for her, and wounds she made on his body were more than enough to please him. Out of all the fights he had watched today, this was the most pleasing.

However, same could not be said for her mother. Odette noticed how she clenched her hand into a tight fist after noticing the smugness on Duchess' face and glared at Odette. However, that did not bother Odette.

Even if Odette had put in her all, she did not think she would be able to beat Richard. It was most likely for that to turn out into a draw. Currently, her body was less trained compared to Richard, and his sword was better than her.

Although she knew more techniques and had more experience, he had advantage when it came to the other aspects.

Knowing that it would be dangerous for her, Odette held back on her techniques and used the amateur moves sloppily— something that would not be making her father suspicious.

If her father had observed her true strength, she would have too much of his attention on her. Currently, she preferred her rank and position to be perfect. She had his favour and was not the source of his prime attention.

"I submit. I have lost this," Odette spoke out as she fell on the ground.

Richard's sword were placed on her shoulder, and from the cut made on it, blood oozed out, staining her dress red.

The pain that spread through her shoulder felt pleasant to Odette, and she desired to feel that sensation for much longer.

In her last life, she had lost the ability to detect pain. The pain felt like a foreign concept to her now and made her feel very much alive. Strangely enough, she enjoyed the pain.

Richard moved his sword back and extended his palm at her. Wearing a soft smile on her face, Odette accepted the hand on her older brother, and with his help, she had stood up.

The fight she had put a lot of strain on her body, and her legs were wobbly. The easily exhausted body of hers irritated Odette, and it seemed that she had to train this body of hers more.

"Odette, you have grown to become really good. One day, maybe you will be surpassing me as well. You really impressed me today," Richard praised.

"Brother, you are really praising me too much, but I am waiting for the day I can beat brother," she expressed.

Clapping both of his hands together, Damian commented, "This was the best match for today. Both of you know how to make me proud. Whatever reward you desire for, let me know about it later on.

Since you have worked hard, you deserve it. As for the rest, you will be punished for not improving. You really bring a shame upon our family name."

In the beginning, only those who had taken more than ten minutes were the ones decided to be punished, but upon observing Odette's and Richard's skills, Damian found himself being too disappointed by the rest, leading him to order them to be punished.

Since it had nothing to do with her, Odette was unaffected by his words regardless of how cruel or unfair it was. Everyone here put in their best effort but not all was fortunate.

For their age, their level of skill was commendable, but when there were geniuses like Richard and Odette present, things tend to be different— much difficult.

Simultaneously, both Odette and Richard bowed at Damian, and vocalised, "Thank you, Father."

After that, Odette added, "Father, I don't have anything that I particularly wish for at this moment. However, can I save this wish of mine for later?"

"Do as you see fit. I have no objection to that," Damian answered.

"Thank you, Father."