TWENTY-TWO

Although there was an innocent smile on Odette's face, her piercing gaze, coupled with the dagger she spun around in her hand, scared both the maids in front of her.

Their knees trembled as they had their line of sight lowered. Odette stopped moving the dagger in her hand and stood up.

"Where is Adrian?" She said. Her aura was dangerous.

Unable to bear the pressure anymore, one of the maids fell to her knees and revealed, "H-He is taken inside the prison. Pardon me, Lady Odette. I had no say in this."

Following her, the other maid kneeled as well. Both of them quivered. The other maid then added, "Lady Odette, please spare me. I didn't even know about it until a few hours ago. I am helpless in this matter."

Odette's eyes darkened, and her jaws tightened. The prison of the Albinius Family was well known for the cruelty, and it didn't care about ages. Even a day at the prison was capable of causing one to lose their sanity.

Odette clenched her hand into a tight fist. Adrian was hers, and she hated it when something of hers is touched, let alone broken, by others. Only she is allowed to torment him.

After being tortured for four days, she wondered if he would still have those bright eyes of his. The thought of those eyes being tainted by someone else aggravated Odette. It was her who should take away that innocence of his.

The air grew tenser. Bringing her hand forward, she touched the maid's cheek with the sharp edge of the blade. The cold object made the maid shudder as she stared at Odette with terror filled eyes. All her words were stuck in her throat.

Trailing the blade down the maid's cheek to her neck, Odette sighed as if regretful and helpless before voicing out, "I do understand that you are innocent. But what to do? When I am in a bad mood, I like to see others cry."

The blade pierced through the maid's skin, drawing out blood. Then, leaning down further, she flashed the maid a sinister smile and uttered, "Shouldn't you be a good servant and appease your master?"

"P-Please spare me, Lady Odette. I am sorry. I-I apologize. Please don't harm me."

Tears fell down her eyes. The desperation was evident in her eyes, but that didn't move Odette's frozen heart. She never cared for the innocent in the first place.

The other maid beside her was petrified and didn't dare to even breathe properly afraid of catching Odette's attention. However, she didn't go unnoticed by Odette.

Turning her head to face the maid, Odette wore on an endearing expression and commented, "So pretty and young."

Although Odette complimented them, chills ran down their back. Dread overwhelmed their senses, knowing nothing positive would be coming out of this.

"The two of you must be inexperienced as well. How about I send you off to my father? He enjoys beauties of all type. Sounds great, right?"

Although her words had a hint of benevolence, knowing Damian Albinius and his sadistic tendencies, they were instinctively unwilling. Horror crossed through their faces.

They stared at the smiling devil in front of them and begged relentlessly: "Please no, Lady Odette. Please no. Don't that to us."

"Please have mercy on us."

Odette groaned as irritation crossed through her features. Running her hand through her hair, she commented, "How annoying. But since I am kind, fine. I will change it."

They silently stared at Odette.

"Take this," Odette ordered, tossing her dagger towards one of the maid. She grabbed it clumsily.

The hope in the maids' eyes dissipated when Odette enunciated the next words: "Carve my name on to your hands with that blade. Make it neat and clean. Also big enough."

After that, Odette, wearing an eerie smirk, added, "Aren't you proud to be given the opportunity to have your Master's name on your hand?"