Ace 1: Unintentional Part 2/2

It had been two months sense Fire First dine and dashed at you previous job. I say previous because your boss decided to blame you for Ace's escape, he said if you spent less time flirting and more time doing your damn job he wouldn't have escaped. At first you were angry but after a few days you couldn't have cared less, but that wouldn't stop you from giving the fireball a piece of your mind.

You still haven't found a replacement job, only cause your previous boss went around town saying your incompetent and a rumoured whore. You would have went and kicked that man's ass but you knew it would have made things worse. You walked around town,having already checked several shops and businesses for a job but so far no luck, sighing you ran a hand through you hair while stopping near the water.

You had just moved here only a few years ago,three to be exact. You watched the waves crash into the rocks under the pier, you started to count how many times it did this stopping every once in awhile to sigh. This continued for a few minutes until you got to forty seven, "you are either pissed off or really bored." You jumped up startled and turned around,"P-Portgas!" You gasped, you blushed slightly but then remembered the problems he caused you. "You -...!" You started to say but your voice faltered, he had the sexist smirk on his face,that seemed to change into a small frown when he heard the tone of your voice, "what?" He asked,furrowing his brow confused.

You closed the distance between the two of you and jabbed him in the chest with a finger," Because of you I lost my job!" You told him glaring up at him,he blinked a few times then tilted his head to the side with a small frown,"Oh? That was two months ago...surely you found a better job~" he said with a grin. Your expression darkened and you turned away from him," My old boss is bad mouthing about me,saying I'm incompetent because I didn't stop you and make you pay,which is crap cause how was I suppose to stop you? And because of your flirting he had the nerve to accuse me of being a whore... " You huffed clearly peeved, he frowned while you spoke,which deepened as he got a little angry, "Well damn..." he said in a low voice as he stared at you. You took a deep breath and continued," And just cause I wasn't born on this island they prefer trusting that old drunk fuck because they've known him longer over a girl who had done nothing terrible at all in the three years she's lived here!" You fumed on as Ace sighed.

"A-ah..." he started interrupting you, "I'm sorry..." he said scratching the back of his head uncertain, he was a bit excited when he was told to come back here,for a mission of course,though coming just to see you wouldn't have been that bad of a thing. You see you interested him,only because you knew who he was but talked to him almost casually rather than shrinking away from him in fear, or throwing yourself on to him,like some women have. He didn't think he would get you into that much trouble,this made him think about other waitresses he dashed out on,did they get into this much trouble after he left,this thought made him unhappy,he didn't mean for this.

You were taken aback by his apology, Portgas D. Ace just said he was story for causing you problems, you flushed and looked away, you didn't expect this. "I-it's not really your fault..." you said after an awkward pause, I mean it is the old man talking shit not Ace. He have you a small smile, "well miss,what are you going to do now then...?"he asked, you looked back at him and sighed, "Move again probably..." You responded with a sad smile. This made him frown,he looked out at the water with a thoughtful look, "I am almost done with my mission..." he says to himself before turning to you, "Can you..fight or..cook or maybe treat wounds?" He asked suddenly.

You were surprised by his sudden question and bit your lower lip while tilting your had to the side, " I can fight I mean that's part of the reason that man hired me, I ate a devil fruit..." You said frowning, 'why is he asking?' You thought as his face broke out into a wide grin. "Okay then! I'll just take you with me!"he said,his grin only widening. You stared at him, "What...?" " If you have no where else to go,and I caused you to lose your job,you might as well come with me~" he said in a matter of fact tone. You stared at him,you stared for so long he started to look nervous, he opened his mouth to say something when you suddenly interrupt him laughing.

You were laughing so hard you were crying,he looked startled but then he grinned which soon lead him to laughing too. After awhile you both calmed down. "So your leap of logic lead you to ask me to be a pirate? " you asked finally while holding your side, his grin never left his face as he rubbed the back of his head. "Well yes?" He said looking at you. "Ha..well..." you start, looking back at the town you frown, Looking back at the man in front of you, you took a better look at him,his bright outrage hat stood out the most,the red beads around his neck stood out to but looking at his face, his cheeks covered in those adorable freckles. Your eyes talked south,looking at his topped body,you flush, ' Oh God not again focus (Name)!" You said looking up,but your heart nearly speed when you see him smirking, "*cough* crap..." you said averting your gaze.

"Saw something you liked?" He teased, you smirked and his faltered, " Yea... something talk dark and gorgeous.~" The look on his face was priceless, your smirk widened, "yeah I'll come with you." You hummed trying not to laugh as he averted his gaze,his cheeks turning red. He didn't expect you to respond like that but after a few minutes he looked back over to you,pink still dusting his cheeks. "G-great!" He said grinning, "Now just to explain this to pops... " he said more to himself than to you,this made you pale slightly, 'Oh right I have to meet Whitebeard...' you gulped.

And so this was how your life as a pirate started, and you didn't regret a moment, especially the moments you shared with the fireball you eventually came to love.