Luffy Oneshot 3: You try to hard (RQ)

For bellbell2345 on DA
Slight!Strawhat Crew x Sick!Reader x Luffy

The sky was grey and looked like it could rain at any moment, you were leaning against the side of the thousand sunny.  You just finished helping the boys clean the deck, "Honestly if she wants it clean she should help too...." you sigh holding your head. You felt dizzy,and even though you just drank something, your mouth and throat still felt dry. " I wonder if I caught a small cold.... " you thought watching the waves hit the side of the ship. "(Name)?" You heard someone call out, you turned around and spotted Robin. You push away the sick feeling and give here a small smile," Hey Robin,did you need something? " "Yes,I was wondering if you could help me.." she said,but she was frowning now, "Are you okay? You look a little tried..." she asked walking over to you, but you quickly put up your hands and said defensively, " Oh no no no I'm fine!!" She was about to say something when Zoro suddenly yelled," Marines and lots of them!"

You hear doors open and the footsteps of everyone rushing into the deck, "Ooooooh there is a lot of them!" You hear your captain yell as he ran up to the side of the boat next to you. You heard Nami gasp so you turned around and saw at least twenty large ships,all the sails had the symbol of the marines. You suddenly felt even sicker,you held your head and squeezed your eyes shut, trying to stop the world from spinning. "(Name)?" You heard Luffy say your name but you didn't risk opening your eyes just yet, you could hear Nami barking out orders and positions in the background,even though you could tell she was yelling she sounded so far away.

"(Name)?" You heard him again,you opened your eyes and looked at him,he looked confused and mildly worried, "S-sorry slight headache you lie and he just frowns. "When were get rid of the marines I'm going to get chopper to give you something for it." He concluded,you were about to argue when a cannonball landed next to the ship.

The fighting began,for you the battle was a blur. You tried to help but the world kept spinning and you felt like you could vomit at any moment, you barely managed to beat the few marines you were fighting. You didn't want to fall back,you didn't want to feel useless. You suddenly felt a sharp pain in your side,looking down you could see the top of a sword sticking out of your left side. "F-fu- " your tried to say but your body couldn't handle it anymore,you collapsed,every breath you took made the pain in your side grow,the world was blurring all around you. You could hear voices,but you couldn't make out a single word. Not even three minutes passed you found yourself blacking out. "L-lu-..." you tried to call out,before you fainted.

-*time skip*-

The first thing you register is the burning pain in your side,you gasped and opened your eyes while you tried to sit up. The light in the room blinded you,and the pain made you fall back,crying out. You heard the door open and heard a few says of footsteps rush in. "(Name)! Don't try to move! " you heard chopper scold you as someone gently made you lay in the same position you were in previously. "The medicine helped with your fever and the pain but that does not mean you should get up!" He continued. After a minute you opened your eyes again after another minute," It hurts.." you gasp, you looked over and saw that Luffy, Nami,Usopp, and Sanji were also crammed into the infirmary. "You were run through with a sword..." you heard Zoro say from outside the room, "Shut up marimo! " Sanji yelled at Zoro, "What did you say Ero-cook!?"

"If you can't shut up get out! Your bothering her! " Nami yelled at them,Sanji automatically obeyed while Zoro just huffed. You smiled at them weakly,  "Why didn't you tell is you were sick?" You looked at Luffy who was frowning at you, "I... I uh...well.." you tried to explain but you weren't sure how to. "I wanted to help...I would have felt useless if I went inside..." " You weren't much help anyways." He responded bluntly, Nami hit him on the head. "You idiot! She just -" "Nami. " you heard Zoro talking but you felt dizzy again so you didn't catch everything he said. You put your hand over your eyes and squeezed them shut. "Guys,she needs to rest get out." You faintly heard chopper, after a few minutes you felt someone grab your hand right before you black out again.

You would wake up every once and awhile,but you were so tried and out of it you couldn't open your eyes.  while you were awake you could vaguely feel someone holding your hand. You also heard someone speaking to you, this brought a smile to your lips,and every time you smiled the grip on your hand tightened slightly.

You woke up again,this time you could open your eyes without feeling dizzy or sick. It was dark,'Must be in the middle of the night...' You thought sitting up. You looked over to your side and saw someone holding your hand,and after letting your eyes adjust you saw it was Luffy. "Luffy...? " you gasped lightly,a slight blush on your cheeks. He stirred slightly then let out a soft snore, you smiled at him. You carefully removed your hand out of his gasp and pat the top of his head,the air felt cold on your hand.

"He didn't leave your side at all you know..." you jumped and looked at the door, "Robin?" "Nice to see your awake." She smiled coming over to the bed. "Yeah thanks.." you laughed, "(Name)...?" You heard a sleepy voice say,looking back down you see your captain looking at you rubbing his eyes. You smiled at him,"Ooooooh captain your so cute." You laugh paying his head,he started at you for a minute then grins, because of the dark you couldn't see the light blush on his cheeks. You heard Robin chuckle, "I'll come back in the morning,good night  (Name), captain."

When she left Luffy grabbed your hand again, "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" You blushed, "I'm fine... thank you..." you said and his grin widened. You frowned suddenly,"Sorry for causing problems..." "Stop." He interrupted , " I don't know why you keep me on here I can't do much anymore..." "So?" You look at him confused. " Your important to this crew...so you can't fight like you could before, leave the fighting to me I'll protect you!" He exclaimed making you blush again, you smiled at him. You lean over and kissed his cheek, "I'm counting on you then!" He had the biggest smile you had ever seen on his face, " hey (Name)..." "Hmm..?" He leaned over till he was right in front of your face, you look at him surprised.

"You don't need to try so hard (Name),Nami said you have been working a lot to make up for your problem, but you don't need to..." he puts his forehead to yours, "Because we won't leave you just because you can't fight, Your our friend! "