RQ:Modern!Sabo 5: Trust me

For Elysia on Quotev

You hated the stereotypes for your class.

Just because you had large sums of money doesn't mean your automatically stuck up. But that didn't stop the people who held grudges against those with money from sneering at you and throwing slander your way.

You were kind, you were sweet, and anyone who would have spent more than five minutes with you would have realized you were not anything like the rumors that spread through your school.

A rich girl who got everything she wanted.

A slut.

A snob.

A rude and hateful bitch.

Selfish.

Spiteful.

So many things were said about you, and you've never spoken a word against them. You would just smile at them and apologize before rushing off to the safety of the library.

You were only ever safe here.

The librarian, Ms.Nico, who asked you to just call her Robin, greets you as you enter the large room. You take a deep breath and sighed, all you smelled were dusty old books. And to you that was perfect. You walk over to the side where the stairs were that lead up into the fiction section of the library.

Up there is where you spent most of your time while in school, when your not in class of course. You hide here, away from the judgment and buried in the books and worlds you form inside your mind. You trailed your hand across the books, looking for one you haven't read yet and come across an adventure book, about a run away princess in a kingdom that was burning to the ground.

A smile touches your lips as you pull the thick book off the shelf, it seems to be a five book series. You were pleased to have found something you had not read yet and moved over to the couch that sat in the corner. You sat down and placed the book on your lap and opened it, beginning to read.

You were lost in your own world almost instantly drawn into the story, you didn't even notice that your spot had become surrounded. You hear some scoff and it snaps you out of your trance and you glance up into the faces of some of the girls that were in your classes.

"She's ignoring us." A chubby girl with oily dark hair said, crossing her arms over her chest while glaring at you.

"No...I was just reading.." You tried to correct her but the redhead on the other side of you, to your right snatched the book out of your hand.

"Ew what are you even reading, not very proper for a rich girl huh?" She directed the question towards her friends who snickered. You were starting to get angry, not once have you ever said anything negative but here these people are, giving you crap over nothing!

You stand up and snatch the book away, one girl pulls out her phone and starts recording you, you glare at her and sigh.

"I'm just trying to read, what do you want!?" You said, obviously irritated. The redhead pretended to look offended.

"We were just trying to talk to you!" She says, making tears form in here eyes.