Forgiving

The bandage was wrapped tight enough around my stomach that it didn't hurt where the explosive was pushed in, and so much so that it didn't show under my shirt.

To be honest, I don't feel guilt about it like I feel I should. It's like I needed to do it. Like it was a calling.

Yet that doesn't explain why the noise made me jump.

The piston sound went off, alerting me before the door opened. I quickly turned and smiled as I saw Dream standing there in front of me.

He had a mask again, yet identical to the one he had. I swear he had millions of those as they never showed a crack before. All except this one, it had a crack down the middle, and what looked like blood stains on the side. It made him look intimidating.

"Tommy, I see you found the shower. I was going to tell you to take one tomorrow." he laughed. I smiled back at him, shifting a little to drop the part of the shirt that slightly held up, I don't think he noticed it anyways.

He walked in, closing the door with the button I noticed earlier. "I talked to Tubbo, he says around 10 tomorrow to be at the podium, still don't know what he is doing."

I gasped a little realizing my situation more. I was so close to seeing Tubbo, and I wasn't very wanting. I guess I was still excited, though.

"The castles empty if you want to sleep there, I know there isn't a nice bed in here like there is there." I smiled and nodded quickly and he turned towards the exit again.

He pushed the button and faced back at me, swinging his arm for me to come. I walked towards him and out, seeing the bright stars again.

He pushed past me as the piston sound alarmed behind again. He started walking forward so I followed, trying not to get too far behind.

We esended up the small mountain to where I saw my old base and the bench that sat there. Dream slowed his pace as he saw me looking at them.

"Remember, Tommy. That was when Tubbo was your friend." he re-assured me. I nodded, walking just a little faster to get to the side of him. We still walked slowly through, letting me look out at all of the buildings. Not much had changed since I left.

It felt weird thinking that. Left. I was forced out, I didn't just go. I shouldn't think that.

We were walking on the prime path, something I did actually miss dearly. I had my prime log to fill in for a lot of it, yet it was destroyed with Logsted.

Memories rushed back of before everything happened, like when Sapnap and I came running up the same hill we were going down on now, killing the man I now walked with, my only friend. The irony.

Dream and I didn't say anything to each other, he let me process everything in peace. I think he knew this would be very overwhelming for me, he would know as my friend.

Although we were only walking at a slow speed, my heart was racing. Each step I took felt like new-old memories. One particular showed the brightest in my mind.

I stood facing the hill, slowly walking towards it as I heard the carful counting behind me.

"1..2..3..4..5.." My heart raced, the bow in my hands already drawn and ready. Everyone was breathing heavily, all accept Dream. He was calm.

"6..7..8..9.." I almost stopped breathing as I heard the last numbers being called. It all depended on this, on me.

"Ten paces, fire!" Wilbur yelped. I quickly turned around, letting go of the arrow in my bow. It was faster, I would shoot him and win.

It missed.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I was knocked to the ground. Blood filled my lungs and I couldn't hear anyone, despite the obvious yelling. It all went black.

I shivered, looking down at the wood planks. They were the same, making me feel even worse. It may of not been the right spot, but the memory still killed me inside, literally.

I exhaled shakily and gulped. We entered the community house,  slightly turning around the stairs. I looked up at the big castle. I guess I never really went inside it.

We finally got to the castle with what felt like millions of years filled with memories, not very good ones either. The control room, Wilbur blowing up L'manburg, and getting exiled. It made me hate each one of them more, especially Tubbo it seemed.

I noticed the big doors open, I was too deep in thought to realize distance. Dream lead me into the castle before turning around.

"You'll stay here," he exclaimed "it's my castle now." He smiled looking around just like me. "Come on." He started walking towards the stairs and I quickly rushed up to him and we esended.

Unexpectedly, the voices chuned in.

This is a nice place

He is trying to trap you

You should leave

No he is our friend, we shouldn't betray him

He isn't trying trying to hurt us, I'm staying here because it's the best, it's a fuckin' castle.

I ignored them as we got to the top of the stairs, walking into a hallway with a few doors. He lead me into one of them, stopping outside of the door and letter me in.

It had a lamp light and a bed, a painting across the wall. It was nice. Dream walked in after me, placing a letter on my bed. 

"It's a letter that was addressed to you from Tubbo, I'll let you read it in peace." 

"No, please don't leave yet, I-" I begged, yet he had already walked out of the room. I peeked out to find him, but he was gone. I was alone, again. 

I turned back into the room, shutting the door, and sitting on my bed. I grabbed the letter and looked on the outside of it. It sure didn't look like the Tubbo I knew. Yet, I didn't really know him anymore.

I ripped the side of the envelope, finding the folded letter inside, it was formal like he was actually doing something as president. Instead of just betraying his friends..

I took out the letter, creasing it so that it would hold up better. My eyes scanned over the date first. 

"January 24th, 2021" I whispered to myself. it couldn't be, it was just the fourth of December in 2015 when I was exiled, I remember that date. I shrugged it off and continued reading it out loud to myself. 

"Dear Tommy, I hope you are okay, I know..he spelled that wrong.. it's odd bringing you into L'manburg but I told you." I paused, looking at the huge gap between the next few words. "I'm going to make it up to you. I..promise." Tears started fogging up my eyes, almost dripping down onto the paper. 

No, no, I shouldn't feel like this. He was bad, he exiled me, he made me into this situation. I will never  forgive him. 

(1210!!!)