Pushing it

I felt surrounded, the warmth not being apparent over the blatant fear of the man in front of me. It didn't hurt, more of a numbing feeling washing over me. I blocked out everything in sight but him. For all I cared, someone could be behind me about to kill me. I was fine with that thought, still and terribly.

The dim voices of Tubbo and Sam that filled the air soon left too, leaving me and Dream alone in here. I gulped at the thought of that. I wasn't quite scared of him, maybe what he could do. I wasn't scared of getting hurt, i was just scared of the pain. I was only really scared that he hated me. He was my only friend right now, at least he was. I needed to stop doing these things. 

But it wasn't my fault. 

I still shouldn't have let him in. I argued in my head. 

"Tommy." He broke the silence with a firm voice. That was feared. "You weren't supposed to have anyone here." I looked to the ground, then back at him with a guilty nod.

"Hmm?" He hummed. I knew what he meant, I needed to speak. I wasn't a pussy. "I know.." I managed to mutter. He took another moment, filling every second with tension. 

"So you knew, yet you had someone here. Tubbo of all people!"

I let out a breathy "no" as he stepped closer. He still didn't have a mask, yet I didn't look into his eyes. I stared at the ground. I couldn't force myself to look up, I couldn't let him see how weak I was. I needed to be stronger. He tried so hard to-

"Tommy." He sterned. My chin was pushed up to see him, and I bit my tongue to try and not say anything.

Unlike normal though, he looked softer, caring even.

"Do you trust me, Tommy?"

I scattered to find words, anything to prove that I did. He sounded so pained through that. 

"I- yes! I don't want to betray you.."

He let out a small laugh, it really didn't feel like he meant it as happy. "Just remember Tommy, Tubbo, your 'friend', exiled you. Sam is keeping you in here because he wants to, I only built this prison because I had to keep you somewhere. Wilbur blew up your nation. They aren't your friends. I am."

"But they said they are helping me." I declared. I knew exactly what I said after, knowing it was wrong. I didn't think. I shouldn't have said that, they weren't helping. He told me they weren't. I need to listen. I'm a terrible listener. 

 I flinched and turned my head back, waiting for some sort of pain to be inflicted. But none was.

"Tommy, they aren't. They are going to use you." I reluctantly nodded again, looking back. "Do you understand?" 

"Well, Dream they-" That's when it hit, literally. A punch rolled along my face, not very bad for pain or breaking bones, but enough to put me down on the ground. That wasn't hard, considering my weakened state. It still did hurt like a bitch.

I took a moment to gather myself before turning over. I was ready for a kick or another hit, anything I deserved again. Nothing.

I saw Dream kneel down to my side, resting his arm on his knee, but most frightening, looking straight at me. I flinched at every one of his slight movements, thinking I was going to get hurt again. 

My thoughts filled my mind again, saying things like "you deserve it" and "you should be hurt". They filled my brain, taking me away from what was actually happening.

After a few seconds, I caught back up with my thoughts. He wouldn't hurt me unless I did something wrong. I deserved that. I sat up slightly, propping myself up on my elbows, making me actually scoot farther from him. 

"I'm sorry." I muttered. He didn't respond. I opened my mouth to say it again, or anything at least. I decided not to, seeing his stare. 

"Can I trust you, Tommy?" 

I again, tried to speak. Not deciding to, but just not being able to this time. I didn't have an answer. I knew I couldn't be trusted, I would do some stupid shit. I was vulnerable. 

He put his hand down next to me. I let my head drop down, my gaze shifting to the floor where it rested. It was a little comforting knowing he didn't have a weapon.

I saw him shift, his leg backing up with the rest. I followed it until I saw it rise and he was standing. My head suddenly lifted and I sat to get closer to him.

"No please- Dream- I'll do anything! Just stay.." I yelled after him. He smiled again, stepping closer. I managed to hold myself up, leaning only slightly on my hands. 

"Anything?"

"Y-yes." I mumbled back. That wasn't true, and I think we both knew that. How far would he test it?

"So if I got you out of here, took you back to L'manburgor exile, you wouldn't do what you did? You wouldn't run away, or make secret plans with them?" He questioned. I didn't think before responding. 

"Yes.." I answered. I didn't know if that was true, either though. 

It was in L'manburg where I fought with those people against him. Where we started this shithole.

But then I did everything for him, even hurting people. Was that what he wanted? Was I supposed to forget all of my past, and is that why he took all of my things and almost killed me?

He is only trying to help me forget about what they did to me. How they hurt me. Dream is only working to make me a better actual person.

He is trying to make me better, so I know what to do.  That's what all the training, and lessons were for. I needed those.

He is in the right here. They aren't, and they never were.

How had I not noticed?

He interrupted my thoughts with another question. The smirk on his face was obvious.

He was going to test it. See if I would live up to my word. What would happen if he was actually planning something?

"Would you push the button to blow it up if I asked you to?"

(1073 words :D)

(Leave you on a slight cliffhanger.. maybe. Let's just say Dream may or may not admire Wilbur for what he did. And I'm also still trying to follow storyline)

(Drink, rest, eat, please. Thank you for reading)