So close

I bit my tongue so I didn't say anything. Yes, I deserved it. But it wasn't an accident. I knew that. 

Why was he lying? Did he not want anyone to know that he hurt me? Did they know he did?

Why wouldn't he get me healed?

It's all just a lesson, I told myself. I needed to learn. I was stupid, a stupid child who couldn't follow orders or control myself. 

His hand touched my back, making me almost jump forward out of my thoughts. Yet soon, I melted into the small touch. I didn't quite know why. 

Sam walked to the side, I prepared myself. Soon the bridge retracted and I was sent back to the other side with Dream. We met the other man, but Dream kept walking. I stayed to his side, ignoring the very intrusive thoughts. 

Everything was a blur. The only thing I could focus on was the pain, almost growing by the minute. I wasn't quite sure how, but we had gotten to a totally different room. The one where I first came in. 

It reminded me of the bandana. But if I would have listened..

And how Tubbo would hate me if he found out I didn't have it..

Not that he had his either. 

No, I shouldn't be thinking about him. Dream wouldn't like that. He told me not to be around them, so I shouldn't think, right? 

I don't  miss him. I can't miss him. He exiled me, he put me through all this, right? But he was my friend. My best friend.

I looked up around the room, trying to again ignore myself. Dream had left to a tiny locker room, and I was left with Sam. I stood awkwardly in the middle, waiting. Sam came up to me though.

"Hey, Tommy, you alright? I can give you potions." he whispered. I gave a small smile and shook my head.

"I'm alright, Dream said it would heal fine." I lied. If Dream was lying about it too, there must be a reason. I wasn't going to ruin that. I know how that would end up. I couldn't get hurt again. 

"There are burn marks on your hands, you won't be able to protect yourself with those." I shook my head again, walking slightly away and towards a now in full netherite Dream. I avoided eye contact with either of them. 

Dream looked strong, powerful. He could easily hurt me way more. Or even take my last canon life. I didn't know if I wanted that anymore. The lava wasn't accepting.

"Open up the portal. We will be on our way." 

"No, Dream." We both stared over at him now. "I saw the burn marks. Tell me what happened." 

I backed up away from both of them as Dream grabbed his axe out. He refused to answer his question, now trying to get violent. It scared me "Let us out Sam." 

"Those wounds will prevent him from fighting for days if they aren't treated. You and I both know you aren't going to care for him." 

He wouldn't help me?

No..friends would help. He's my friend.

Dream walked up to Sam, who now also had a sword out. I stayed away still. He was right too, I couldn't do shit right now. I was vulnerable, and who knew if Dream was going to hurt me. It would be so easy. 

"You don't have to do this Sam." Dream placed his axe on his opponent's chestplate. 

"He would be safer here, we could heal him. You would just hurt him again." 

Why would he want me to stay here, locked up? Was Dream right, he wanted to keep me in here?

The axe pressed farther, scraping a little. But Sam stayed strong. Yet I didn't want to see anyone fight anymore. I hated chaos. 

"Sam, just-" They both looked over at me. I glanced to the portal, and he sighed and walked towards the levers. He would listen to me. Maybe he knew one of us would get hurt. I couldn't tell.

"But Dream, if you even touch him I will send someone out to get you. We can put you in here." He threatened. Dream just turned to me, forcefully grabbing my arm just above the marks. I quickly caught up with him, matching his pace until he let go. 

The purple spirals ignited in front of us. I prepared myself going in, knowing the lava would be there and I would once again be alone with Dream. Two things I feared the most at the moment. 

My brain wasn't working right now, that's the only thing I knew for sure.

Once I stepped in, an uneasy feeling washed over me. It felt like my insides were churning, I wanted to throw up. Aimlessly, I closed my eyes and took another step out. 

I felt the same burning feeling surrounding me, I shuttered at the thought. Burning was not a good thing to think about right now. 

I waited for another moment before opening my eyes again, catching my breath. I turned as to not face Dream. It was a terrible few seconds, practically waiting for the pain to only get worse. Sam saved me. 

"You can go through now." the faint and distorted voice rang. I gladly took a step forward, wanting to get out of this hell. Literally. 

But a hand, a single arm managed to hold me back. I held my breath again, anxious for whatever was going to happen to be over with.

"What did you tell him?" Dream asked. I could feel the anger in his voice. One thing if I said was wrong, I would for sure feel it immediately

"I didn't say anything. I promise. My shoulder was hit back, I managed to stay upright, now though, looking at him. My heart raced every millisecond we stayed silent.

"You're not going to tell him, or anyone, okay? I nodded. "Because you deserved it. Right, Tommy?" I nodded again, biting my tongue. "Right, Tommy?" He said, more stern this time.

"I- yes Dream." I stuttered. He smiled again, locking me in a fearful eye contact. It hurt me to say that. 

But I knew it was true. 

(1028- short. He has a fear of lava, congrats!!)

(Dream has fucked his life up if you can't tell already. WILL HE EVER GET OUT???)

(TUNE IN TO THE NEXT CHAPTER TO SEE HAHA)

(idk)