Friends

(A/N: Sorry for late posting- school and everything.Have a good day and drink water before this. You'll need it, Tommy is quite stupid rn)

He flew around again in circles, seemingly happy for the small nickname I gave him. That is what finally cracked my sadness, I could make someone, something at least, happy. Bam landed onto my knee, being careful not to sting me. It jumped in the air, flapping its wings towards me, only in a small hop. I bit my lip to hold back laughter.

We just sat there in a nice silence, just me and Bam. Soon enough, I fell asleep with him. My mind was blank, not thinking about anything in particular. I was warm, somehow happy, and nothing was disturbing me.

It was perfect, at least now.

I then heard shuffling on my side, followed by a 'clank!' sound. I squinted my eyes opened to look at whatever was making the noise. I aw a blob of a grey- legs it seemed. I reached up to rub my eyes, before trying to open them again and see who was there.

There was slight fear that it was Dream.

I finally recognized the clothing and the mask to be Sam, not to my surprise. He turned to face me, as well. "Oh, my bad, Tommy. I was just putting some books in here. There's food by your side."

I smiled a bit, propping myself up on my elbows. He closed the chest, making quite a loud sound,the walked over to the bridge.

"Wait! Can you stay?" I unexpectedly yelled over to him. He stopped again, looking at me. "Oh, yeah. It must be lonely in here." He leaned against the wall across from me, and took off his mask.

We sat in silence for a moment.

"Again, I didn't wan to put you in here, Tommy." he confronted. I let out a quiet sigh. "It was Dream's order, he payed me. No one is really on his side."

"What sides? He didn't do anything bad, he was the only actually good guy."

This time Sam sighed. "He was manipulating you, Tommy." I took a moment of thought before responding. Why was everyone saying that? He was my friend, he used to be at least. They just thought because he was the only one there, that he must of done something bad. It was there fault.

"He says that you guys are the ones manipulating me. Making me think he did something bad." More tension-filled silence drifted over us. A sigh escaped Sam and I, making me look up at him, holding in a gaze.

"Tommy," he started, almost disappointed in what he had to say. "that isn't friendship, or whatever you think it is. You-"

"It's the best friendship I've had!" I retorted. "At least he was actually there fir me, at least he didn't betray me or blow up our country." I took a deep breath in. "At least he didn't exile me."

We didn't say anything for awhile, just staring at each other. He was guilty, I could tell. And I meant what I said.

"Eat the food, I'll make sure the prison is ready before Dream comes back."

With that, he headed towards the bridge again, and soon after completely leaving me. Our eyes met once before he closed me in.

I sighed again, hitting my head back against the obsidian wall. Despite the growing pain in my stomach, i kicked away the plate of food. I didn't deserve to eat.

Minutes turned into hours, just sitting there. No Sam, no bee, no Dream. Time was grouped together, so it almost felt like days. I knew t wasn't though. Life couldn't seem to go by that fast anymore.

I could almost swear there was talking, but stupid hallucinations were becoming common to make me feel bad.

But this time the lava was rushing down.

A gap opened in between the ceiling and the lava, soon becoming bigger and bigger until I could fully see the others. And before I knew it, I was standing before Dream. The lava closed behind him, though too. I still smiled, the fact that someone was at least here was good enough. Even if he probably hated me now.

He looked around for a moment, before setting on something lying on the ground behind me. "What is that?" I turned to look at whatever it was, the seeing my bandana. I forgot about it until now. I continued to stare until Dream was blocking my vision, he picked it up. "Wait, Dream-"

He walked forward towards the lava. Shit.

Quickly, I jumped towards him, just barely grabbing it before he burned it. "Give that back, Tommy." I suddenly felt anger rise in me. "This is mine!"

"Its a stupid cloth."

He tugged it from my hands, and it escaped from my grip. He threw it behind him, back into the lava. I lost it.

It was gone forever. Everything I had was gone.

I tore the mask off of his head, throwing in the lava as he did with mine. I realized what I did after, internally shocked that I did that. I fucked up.

Without notice, I was pushed back, my head hitting the ground. My vision blurred slightly, as the throbbing in my head intensified. I saw the little bee, frightened above me. Bam soon flew away, as another dose of pain was inflicted on my side. I felt a blade rest on my chest, as my eyes closed.

"Look at me." he demanded. I resisted, trying desperately to imagine it wasn't happening. "Look at me, Tommy!" The raise in his tone scared me, almost forcing me to look into his eyes. I saw the rage in them.

"Things like that are keeping you from doing right. I'm only helping you, Tommy. Do you understand?" his voice was calmer and softer now, caring. I nodded as a response, and the axe was lifted. He put it away, holding his hand out to me.

I happily took it, acting like nothing just happened. "I'll be back in a few days, Sam will come and check on you as well." I nodded again.

"Be good for your friend, Tommy."

(1034 :D)

(I mean, I can't blame him. He is kinda being manipulated. Although, so many people re trying to say that. Dream's voice is also kinda...)