Chapter 1: Run... and do Not Stop.

❖~~~~~~~~❖⟡❖~~~~~~~~❖

The night sky of Tokyo was a sight to behold, illuminated by the bustling streets underneath. People living everyday lives, ignorant and in bliss to the world around them. To have so a virtue would be so... perfect. Such perfections are not allowed for all, though. Some are left to rot, while others must fend off greater dangers with what little they have.

The world of quirks was a double-edged sword. It all started with the fabled "Luminescent Baby" which was born in China's Qing Qing City. From there, the world adapted and thrived to where we are today. Heroes saved civilians, while villains always hid in the shadows. Oh, what a bliss ignorance was. 

Left foot. Right foot. One, and two. Don't look behind you, there is no point. You know they're still there. Just keep running. Left foot, right foot.

"Leave me alone!" You pleaded as you shoved your way around oncoming passersby. They were still hot on your heels, the clicks of their boots indicating so. It would have been so easy to blend into the crowd, you had done so for years. You looked like a nobody, anyway. Your first mistake had been a simple one; you just had to help that random woman pick up her belongings, didn't you? Crouching down and looking at her in the eyes, you could see the recognition dawn on her through her hazel orbs, and the sudden fear that had followed. Her head snapped to an adjacent street lamp, and wouldn't you know it, your face was plastered on a wanted paper. Just your luck. She shrieked loud enough for anyone in a mile radius to hear - damn her. To add to the momentum that was your now shitty day, there had been a group of police officers on patrol a good 20 feet away. You quickly stood up and high-tailed it out of there. They had seen your face; no more blending in now that it was compromised. This leads to where you were now:

Facing an 8-foot tall locked gate. Turning back to the mouth of the alleyway, you could see the enlarging shadows which were most likely your pursuers. You swiped the sweat off your forehead and used it to grease back your unkempt and ragged hair. Climb. Your fingers dug into the chain link, and you tried to the best of your ability to reach the top as soon as possible. Your scrawny and lanky body would help you sneak into small and tight places, but now it was working against you. You were almost at the top of the hurdle when a loud bang pierced your ears and made them ring. You scrambled over with newfound vigor as another shot rang out and hit the brick to the right of your head. You finally hopped over, the mangled and dirty shirt you had found in an old dumpster snagging on the top. After hearing the sad rip of fabric, you hit the ground hard, wincing as pain shot throughout your feet. No time to stop now. Keep running.

Your lungs felt like an inferno. Burning is bad. Those memories are not needed now. You still needed to run. Finally making it to the other side, you blasted past the onlookers that had been drawn to the commotion of gunfire. After what felt like a solid 5 minutes of pure sprinting, you had finally ducked into another alleyway, this one far away from the action. You held your breath, trying to pick up the familiar sounds of cops' sirens and angered police officers. Nothing. You took in a deep sigh of relief. Your breath then hitched into shagged breaths and you patted around your body. Everything felt intact, though your ankles and feet were crying for rest. "Where had the first shot gone then?" You pondered. Didn't matter: you were safe and away from harm for now. You looked over to a rusty old dumpster and began to forage through it. 

"Home sweet home" you grumbled as you fetched out two teen-sized cardboard boxes. This was not your favorite part of your constant running, but it would have to do. No rest for the weary. That's when you heard it; a single pair of soft footsteps heading your way. Any normal person that was born into a fair and easy life wouldn't have even heard it; one of the few perks of hiding for so long was your enhanced hearing. The footsteps had found their owner as he stepped into view. He wore black pants, a fancy black buckle with grey pouches, and a matching black long-sleeve. Around his neck, he had... a scarf? Multiple scarfs? Whatever they were, they draped around his neck like an upside-down funnel, with other pieces dangling near his feet. He had jet black hair, long and unkempt. His facial hair gave off the same 'I don't really care' vibe, as he looked as though he hadn't shaved in weeks. To finish off his look, he wore fancy-looking sunglasses, if you could even call them that. They were grated, which was an odd look for a somewhat normal-looking dude. But if this mystery figure had found him before the cops would, it meant you were in trouble. You had taken every back route, every secret passage away from prying eyes. Then how did he find you? Wait... wait wait wait... woo boy...