Chapter 17: Escape From the City

❖~~~~~~~~❖⟡❖~~~~~~~~❖

"Um...you wanna tell me where we're headed?" You inquired, scratching the nape of your neck as you stared out a pocket-sized window. It looked upon the endless ocean blue, thousands of feet above where no one could find you.

You were situated within one of Wesker's many private jets, the low hum of the engine deceiving with how fast you were traveling. A cold drink of your choice sat snugly in your hand, sipping it eagerly as you stared down your new teacher of sorts. He sat opposite of you, mulling through a magazine about climate change.

You gazed back outside the window, a ping of regret running down your back as you looked towards the direction that you assumed was back home. Life seemed to keep throwing punch after punch at you, even after you metaphorically threw in the towel. A constant rollercoaster of emotions; happiness, anguish. Friendships and new enemies. Anxiety and fear. All bundled up in one big package, assaulting you all at once.

"You think dearly of them, don't you?" Wesker spoke, though his eyes never left his paper. You nodded in response, traveling back to the moderately peaceful times of slacking off with Aizawa and being introduced to new people at the school. Even though multiple people seemingly respected you for what you were, there were still the seeds of doubts sown deep into the back of your subconscious.

"There is no need to worry about them. All will be taken care of in due time." Wesker reassured, albeit rather coldly. You huffed into your drink, taking a swig before finding something else to catch your eye.

Suddenly, Wesker put down his magazine, folding his hands together and resting his chin upon them. "You really care for them that much?"

You met his orange gaze, crunching the drink into a  tin pulp. "They're the closest thing I've had to family in a long time. I've probably made them all worried about running away like that. Dumbass..." The last part was muttered so only you could hear.

Wesker gave a small titter in response. "To me, I do not see anything wrong. You are doing what you can do to survive, to grow, to gain power. Whether it be Umbrella, villains, or anything for that matter, you make it through. Though your mind may be muddled with feelings you have yet to experience, I believe you will grow into a fine being one day."

"Thanks?" You debated, deciding if it was a back-handed compliment or not. The images of Aizawa and Mustafu slowly left your mind, packed behind other problems that would have to be dealt with later. Live every day for what it was is all you could do.

"So...you mind telling me where we're actually going?" You inquired. Wesker had taken many, MANY precautions to make the escape to his private jet as covert as possible. No more phones, and the discarded, long-forgotten security bracelet Aizawa gave you. 

"We are headed to a special kind of place..." Wesker trailed off. "It is vital for our expedition of power. Umbrella will not bother us here. At least, very little. It is a mission of utmost precision; in and out. We are looking for supplies and information that will not only bolster Uroboros but your T-Virus as well."

"We... are headed to Racoon City."

❖~~~~~~~~❖⟡❖~~~~~~~~❖

"Ohhh...so that's how you got that scar," You noted, finishing up a conversation with Wesker as the jet door began to unlock.  You were ushered forward by multiple guards wearing all black from the plane, people you inferred were under Wekser's authority. The bright lights coming from overhead posts blinded you, a stark contrast to the dark blue and black of the overnight sky. You could hear the crashing of waves from one direction, meaning you had been transported to some kind of dock.