Chapter Five

(Picture of Ben ↑)

Danielle's Prov:

I honestly had an amazing time with Ben. Everything about the date was perfect. Ben was something different for me. With Luke I had no confidence, no self esteem, no nothing. I had absolutely no love for myself and thought that no one loved me. I was a completely different person.

But with Ben I was everything I had ever wanted to be. I didn't worry about what he thought about me, or if he really liked me. I just enjoyed myself with around him. It was nice to actually have confidence around a boy for a change. To be myself and not have to worry about anything.

Ben was currently driving me home. I couldn't stop smiling, when Ben reached over and grabbed my hand to hold in his I smiled more brightly. I loved the way he was making me feel. As far as first dates went this one was really amazing. It didn't take long for us to get back to my dorm. For some reason when he parked the car I got butterflies in my stomach.

You see when I went on a date with Luke it was different in the aspect that we lived together. We shared our first kiss on our date. We didn't have the awkward walking to the door first kiss moment. I didn't know if that was going to happen now which made me somewhat nervous.

They say that you feel everything within a first kiss. I know that when Luke had kissed me I felt fireworks and all that jazz they talk about in movies and books. I mean let's be honest your not going to be with someone if there is no chemistry when you kiss them. The scary part is I don't even know if I am a good kisser or not.

I mean Luke never complained, but then again Luke was different. He would always be different. I had to stop comparing him to Ben. Not everything I felt with Luke I was going to feel with Ben.

I felt Ben's hand on my shoulder. I looked over and up to realize that he was already out of the car and holding his hand out to me.

I smiled up at him and took his hand. "Sorry for kinda spacing there." I said to him as we walked into my building.

"It's okay, I space out a lot to. I don't know why but it seems like out of no where I make big life decisions or over analyse everything. You should have see me she I was trying to decide on what college to go to, I was spacing out for weeks." He explained.

"Why did you choose this college?" I questioned as we rounded the a corner and continued to walk.

"Well I guess the main reason would be because it's close to my home. I have always been family orientation, so the though of me living so far away from my family want ideal for me. I know it's kinda stupid." He scratched the back of his neck, I noticed he did this whenever he was nervous.

"No." I said as I put my hand on his shoulder stopping his movement. "Its not dumb at all, it's really sweet and humble actually." I could tell he likes what I had said because he smiled at me and we continued to walk.

We were almost at my door he spoke again. "Your not like most girls I've been out with Danielle."

I raised my brows at his words. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean your real. Your genuine, sweet, humble. Your beautiful, intelligent, and outgoing. Your exactly the kind of girl my mom would want me to bring home. I have dated so many girls before and got it wrong so many times. But with you it's different, it feels like I might have gotten it right for once."

I couldn't help but smile at his words. It made my heart melt the way he talked about me. Like I was everything he had every wanted in a girl. We had reached my door at this point. All I could think was it was now or never. I don't know if it's because of how well the date went, or if it had to do with Ben's words, or if it was simply my new found confidence. But whatever it was I got up enough courage to reach up and kiss Ben.