Chapter Twenty

Luke's Prov:

I wanted so badly for Danielle to tell me that Gabby wasn't the girl for me. I wanted so badly for her to realize that me and her were meant to be together. For us to finally be with one another. Some part of me hoped that she would be jealous of Gabby and wouldn't want me to be with anyone but her. But I guess we don't always get what we want. I should know this by now considering Danielle still wasn't mine, she hasn't been in a long time. And yet I was still disappointed when I realized she was ready for me to move on with Gabby.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Gabby. I mean for only knowing the girl for a few weeks now, she is really great. I guess it's just that I wasn't as ready as I made it seem for me to be over Danielle. I wish I was, I wish I could be with Gabby for just one night and not have Danielle cross my mind, but it was hard. Especially when I knew she was ready to let go of me. It just broke my heart in two all over again. I guess I had high hopes that once she saw me with another women she would come back to me completely. But like I said that didn't happen. It's childish I know, but that's what I had hoped would happen.

But instead things went in a completely different direction and she told me to be with another women. The worst part is I think what I did only made her and Ben stronger. Made her realize how much she loved him.

I was happy that she was happy. But deep down I wished her and I could be together. I wished that I had never broke her heart in the first place, because then I wouldn't have to worry about feeling like this. I knew I had to get over it thought. Because I was so sick of feeling this way. I was so sick of missing, and wanting her. I needed someone like Gabby in my life right now. She was amazing, and everything I could want in a girl. But deep down I knew she would never be Danielle. No one would be, I guess that was something I just needed to get over.

"Knock, knock." I heard Gabby say from the other side of my door. A small smile formed on my lips just by hearing her voice. Like I said I did really like her.

"Come in." She entered my room and smiled at me. "Hold on a minute I am almost done." I said to her as I dried off my hair.

"And they say a girl is suppose to take longer then a guy to get ready. We talked over an hour ago, what could you have possibly been doing that took that long?" She asked me with a laugh. I swallowed hard at her words.

I mean the reason as to why I had just got done getting ready was because I was deep in thought thinking about Danielle, and how I hated having to let her go. But that was the last thing I could tell Gabby. I mean no girl that your dating, want's to hear about your ex. That is just a slap in the face waiting to happen, and I knew better then that. So the next best thing to do was to lie. Which is something I don't ever usually do. I hated lying, but I felt like I had no other choice.

"Ohhh I was just caught up in." I looked around looking for something I could say that I was doing. I spotted a book over in the corner of my room on my desk and thought that was a perfect excuse. "I was just doing some reading. I got caught up in the moment and lost time." I said to her as I pointed over at the book. She gave me a questionable look.

"Oh really? What are you reading?" She questioned me as she walked over to the book.

I looked at the book from a distance and it had a light blue cover. The first thing that came to mind was it was probably a book about nature or something like that. "Just a book about the world we live in. You know the in's and out's of animals and nature, that kinda thing." I explained to her as I tried to pull her attention away from the book.

But she ignored my words and picked it up. She laughed when she did so. "So this book The fault in our Stars is about nature and animals?" She questioned me as she held it up for me to see. I wanted to slap myself for saying what I had. I now knew exactly what the book was and what it was about. Danielle had made me watch it when we were together, it wasn't my favorite movie, but it was okay. It definitely didn't have anything to do with nature and animals though. I knew I had to think of something quickly.