Chapter Seventeen

Danielle's Prov:

The definition of bitter - Angry, Hurt, or resentful of one's bad experiences, or a sense of unjust treatment. Bitter would be the world I would describe myself for the past few days. I am I would say I am someone who is usually really fun and happy most of the time. But lately I have been the complete opposite. I guess it has to do with the fact that it seems like no one seems to remember that my birthday is today. I mean I don't want something over the top or anything, just the people who I care about to even say happy birthday to me.

But no not one, not even my grandmother or aunt had said happy birthday to me, not even a phone call. The there was my best friends who I woke up and expected to be here with me, but weren't. When I woke up I noticed that neither one of them was here. All I saw was a note that said, 'Gone to the mall, be back later'. Then you would think that my boyfriend, the one who is suppose to love me would be here for me. But no, when I texted him to see if he would like to go to a movie with me, he responded with a txt that said he had a football practice and couldn't get out of it.

So now here I am in a I don't care kind of mood. I have been in my room most of the day pouting. I just felt like I did when I was in New York when it was my Birthday. Like I was alone, and no one cared about me. But when I thought about how I was spending my birthday I got mad. If everyone I knew didn't want to be there for me, then who cares. I was a young eighteen year old woman and I deserved to have a good rest of my day. So I might as well go and treat myself, considering no one else seemed to.

I showered up and drove myself to the mall. I walked into one of my favorite stores and smiled when I saw Kristyn my favorite cashier here.

"Hey girl you look like a girl on a mission." She said to me with a smile.

"Yeah I am. Today is my birthday and I thought I would treat myself." I explained to her.

"Good for you girl, and happy birthday. But where is your two sidekicks?" She questioned me. Her words made me suddenly sad. All I could think was I wanted my best friends here. We always do things like this with one another.

"They couldn't make it." I said to her as I looked around.

"What do you mean they couldn't make it? It's your birthday, they should be with you all day. What kind of friends are they?" I sighed at her words.

"I don't know, which is why I am here. I need some cheering up, I thought I would get myself a new outfit, get my hair done, then go dancing." I said to her with a smile, she smiled back at my.

"And your best friends couldn't be here with you to do those things?" She asked me.

'Well I mean they don't technically know that today is my birthday. I mean I dropped some hints to them but I don't think they got them. So now I have to go and have fun by myself." I explained to her.

"Well Jenny is here to take over for me, because my shift is over. I would love to tag along with you and then go dancing." I smiled brightly at her words, this is what I needed. I needed someone to spend the day with, and to have fun.

"I would love for you to come with me, it's nice to know that I will have a partner in crime tonight."

"Of course you do. Let me go get Jenny up here and then I am ready to go."

"Okay sounds good." I watched as she waked away from the desk and away from my sight. I looked around at all the girls getting their nails done, it's funny how much you can tell about a person my their nails.

"Danielle it is nice to see you again." I turned around and smiled at Jenny.

"It's nice to see you to, how have you been?" I questioned her as I turned to look at her completely.