Chapter Thirty One

Luke's Prov:

I cant stop thinking. It's now eight in the morning and I haven't slept at all. I cant stop thinking about Danielle and how this was the last night I was going to have with her for a long time. I couldn't stop thinking about how I wasn't going to see her everyday, or feel her soft touch. Or how I wasn't going to see her smiling face that just brightens up a room, or her laugh that literally makes everything so much better. But most Importantly I couldn't stop myself from thinking that I just got her back, she was finally mine again and she's leaving me all over again. How was I going to live without seeing her like I do now. Hell I thought her leaving to live at college was bad, but that was a half hour away at most, this is across the country. I just didn't know how I was going to do this. I kept a straight happy face around her when we talked about it, but secretly I was freaking out.

I felt Danielle stir from beside me bringing me out of my thoughts. She snuggled closer into my side causing me to smile. I loved when she did this, I loved almost everything she did to me. Which is why this was so hard for me. She rubbed her head into me more and sighed.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" She asked me in a groggy voice.

"I couldn't sleep was all." She poked her head up and looked up at me.

"Why what's wrong?" I shock my head at her words. I didn't want her to know how I was feeling. I didn't want to make her feel any way about leaving. She deserved this, she worked hard for this, I couldn't let her know how I was feeling. It would be beyond selfish of me.

"Nothings wrong baby. I just couldn't sleep was all." She gave me a look that said she didn't believe me. Danielle knew me just as well as Tabby did. They could read me in a way that I hated, because it was hard to keep things from them. I knew I had to put my fake face on so she would let this be. "Danielle I promise you baby I am fine, just sleep wasn't my friend today. And you know me, I'm use to waking up early so that's probably another reason as well." She looked at me like she was trying to figure out if I was telling the truth or not. She shrugged her shoulder some and smiled.

"Alright then, as long as you promise your okay." I nodded my head at her words.

"I promise. Now enough about me baby, it's your day. We should be worrying about you." I pulled her onto of me and she giggled as I did so.

"I don't want to think about that right now." I could tell she was sad and I hated to see her this way. I hated to see her be anything besides happy.

"What's wrong baby?" I questioned her as I sat up with her on me bringing her closer. I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

"I don't want to go." For a spilt second I got instantly happy from her words. She didn't want to go, she wanted to stay here with us. But then I instantly felt guilty, I knew she wanted to go, he just didn't want to leave everyone else behind.

"Danielle baby you do want to go." She shook her head at my words and started to cry.

"No I don't Luke, how am I going to survive without all of you? I love my life here, I love who I am here. I'm happy here Luke, I don't want to give that up." She wrapped her arms around me, and started to cry harder. I rocked her as I rubbed her back and shushed her.

"Baby your going to be amazing in New York, and your not going to be alone. Your always going to have me, and the whole family by your side. Think about how far technology has come. We are all just a FaceTime call away. Plus you'll see us on holidays and school breaks, it's going to be just fine baby, I promise you." With every word I said I wasn't just saying it for Danielle I was saying it for me as well. I needed to hear these words, I needed to be able to convince not only her, but myself that her and I were going to be just fine.