Chapter Sixteen

Danielle's Prov:

It was definitely a good time this weekend. Tabby came out of her bad mood and was actually really nice to Olivia in the end of it all. She actually included her in everything we did, and got to know her. I was happy that she put some effort into it, because other wise it would have been a really awkward weekend.

We were all sitting in the living room waiting for the boys to come back from their trip, just relaxing and talking.

"So Pen, what's going on with you and Dan?" I asked her as I raised my eyebrows some. I watched as she immediately blushed some and looked away from me.

"Nothing is going on."

"Oh come on, everyone can see that you and him have something going on. I mean the poor guy is always looking at you." Tabby said with a huge smile

"Yeah well nothing is ever going to happen." Penelope said in a small sad voice.

I looked at her questionably. "Why not?"

"Because whenever we are around one another we never talk. I mean I try to strike a conversation with him and all he does is ignore me. Or he starts saying some really weird stuff. I don't think he will ever get the nerve to ask me out." She explained to us.

"Are you serious?" I questioned her.

"Umm yeah?"

"Penelope it is the twenty first century. Now a days girls ask guys to marry them. So why in the world should you have to wait for him to ask you out. Why don't you go and ask him out instead of waiting for him to ask you out?" I questioned her.

She sighed as she looked over at me. "How in the world am I going to ask him out? I mean how does a girl go about asking a guy out."

"Probably the same way a guy goes about asking a girl out. When they get here, how about you go right up to Dan and ask him out?"

"I honestly don't think I would be able to do that. I mean I am all for female power and all, but I couldn't just go and ask him out, I would probably be just as nervous as he always is." She explained to us with a sigh.

"Well then I think you should make him jealous," Tabby said as she looked over at Penelope with a grin.

"You think I should make him jealous? Does that even work?"

"Yes it does, trust me if he likes you at all then him seeing you flirt with another guy will drive him completely crazy. "

"No, no, no that it not a good plan." I said interrupting their conversation.

"Oh and why is it not a good idea?" Tabby asked.

"Because messing with people's hearts does nothing but screw you over in the end. Look what happened between Luke, Ben and I. If you truly do like him, then just show him you are interested in him." I told her. I know all to well about messing with people's hearts and the consequences you have to deal with.

"I agree with Danielle. If you go and try to make Dan jealous all your going to do is deal with is all the lies it comes with. Just tell Dan how you feel about him. Or like try to spend more time with him." Olivia told her, I nodded my head at she spoke.

"Okay I am switching my vote, I have to agree with them. I mean yeah it would be super cool to have two guys fighting over you, but it really isn't the way to go. If you want to be with Dan, then just show him that you like him." Tabby explained to her. Both Olivia and I nodded our heads agreeing with her.

"Trust me having two guys be all over you, or interested in you is not as amazing as books make it seem. It is a lot of work." My words caused everyone to laugh.