Fifteen

I did my best to tune into Mr

I did my best to tune into Mr. Holland's droning but I was failing miserably to do so.

I couldn't make myself concentrate.

The events of the last few days kept replaying in my head. The expression Mia wore when I opened that trunk could only be described as something in between afraid and pissed. But something didn't sit right with me, she caught on to the situation and adapted quickly.

Too quickly.

Unnervingly, quickly it wasn't normal.

The incidents of last night were all over the news. Only problem was deaths in DyverCity weren't tragedies, they were as common as a squirrel getting ran over trying to cross the street. The police were scrambling to piece together the case before everyone moved onto the next thing. I wasn't worried, Ghidorah was kind of known for being unseen and if they were seen no one in DyverCity was dumb enough to say a word.

As if that wasn't enough of a burden on my psyche a video slandering Ridgewood was going viral.

Everyone was waiting to see what Nick and I were going to do about it.

Glancing at my phone I sighed annoyed still not seeing a text from Nick. The big downtown cinema was having a one time showing of a movie that was too explicit to go mainstream.

It was showing tonight.

They did it during a weekday hoping to stop the teens from showing up. Everyone knew about it and was going including the Jags. The one rival team that caused the most problems. They cheated and sabotaged us whenever they could. Monty Fields their football captain put a post up early this morning. They were going to be at the cinema tonight. And if any Tigers wanted to show up they should step up unless we were actually pretty pussies in tiger suits. That was a threat and because the cinema was in our territory they wanted a fight.

But Nick hadn't shown up at school yet nor did he mention it. He was to busy obsessing over Mia fuckin Langley. She had him wrapped around her finger and didn't even know it.

But that meant problems for me.

I could handle the west side of DyverCity but the east side was his responsibility. I wasn't going to carry his weight because he wanted to dedicate all his time to her. Our responsibilities were growing and that meant less time for extracurricular activities. Football was going to be hard enough to try to squeeze in. Not to mention parties, dates and mountains of homework. If Uncle Tony caught wind that Nick was being neglectful he would beat the fuck out of him.

Again.

My phone vibrated in my hand.

Marko- anything??

Looking back at him, shaking my head no. With a annoyed look on his face he slouched in his seat.

Just then the bell rang. I couldn't get out of there any faster. Everyone kept their distance not to get in our way as Marco walked alongside of me. I headed to my next class