Thirty Five

Nick's hands tightened on the steering wheel as he pressed the gas

Nick's hands tightened on the steering wheel as he pressed the gas. " My dad needs me to pick up a payment on the east side" he grumbled.

I knew my friend better than that.

" And?"

He sighed frustratedly, glancing at me. " Mia's not talking to me again"

I held back the urge to tell him that I told her. That I seen him with Brooklyn. Nick would flip shit.

" I'm really starting to feel like this relationship isn't worth it" he said staring straight ahead. " What Jake said is starting to make sense to me"

Mia..
I picture her face saying that she loved him.

" What are you going to do?"

Nick shook his head. " I don't know man it feels like she's pissed off at me all the fucking time. " He sighed sadly. " I can't protect her, I can't make her happy. I can't seem to do shit right now that she's back. Then we have all this shit to worry about"

I understood where he was coming from. He was spinning his wheels and he was exhausted.

" Do you even want to be with her? Or do you just want no one else to be with her"

Nick looked taken back by my question and a ugly scowl came over his face. " You mean that mother fucker Chris?!"

" Corey"

" Whatever he's not taking my Mia from me. I do want to be with her.. I fucking love her K. I just, I just gotta get my footing. It's been a while since I've had a actual relationship.. did she mention me at all when you were there?"

I nodded. " Yup, she cried about you. She thinks that you don't love her"

Nick did a double take as he looked at me. " What! that doesn't make any sense, of course I fucking love her"

I shrugged. " Maybe you need to tell her again cause when I tried to talk to her, she tried to strangle me"

" What?!" He gave me a quick look over. " You overpowered her didn't you"

"No she killed me, I'm actually a ghost" I deadpanned

Nick stared at me wide eyed like he believed it.

Both of them were idiots. They really are meant to be.

" You're a idiot Nick"

He grinned proudly and I rolled my eyes as my phone buzzed in my pocket. My heart quickened as I looked at the name.

Marko'sSis-Mia- your not a asshole
Marko'sSis-Mia- I don't hate you I'm sorry I was blaming you

I smiled to myself.

""

Me- I thought you didn't have my number

Marko'sSis-Mia- I did