Twenty Six

Growling I snatched my phone out of my pocket for the fourth time in ten minutes

Growling I snatched my phone out of my pocket for the fourth time in ten minutes. Normally I would be thrilled if Kim responded that fast. But this was different. Ever since lunch she's been texting me non stop. Bitching and demanding that I pick up my things from her house before it gets put on the curb with the rest of the trash on Friday.

It wasn't like her.

Usually I'd have to reach out and plead just to get her to talk to me.

Kimberly - I don't want to hear it, u don't need me Kaleb

Kimberly - I don't need u, I'm fine without u

I scoffed. Me- u don't look fine to me. When was the last time you slept??

Kimberly - how would you know what I look like?!! I seen you with those girls throwing themselves at u,

Sighing frustratedly I glanced at Nick. It was his idea, make our girls jealous, it'll be a good joke and they'll want us even more. It definitely backfired on my end. The chance of reviving my deteriorating relationship was looking slim to not at all. But at least from my point of view things weren't great with Nick and Mia either. They were pissed at us. Worst part is that they were hanging out together. Kim obviously enjoyed Mia's company so much that she was starting to talk like her.

Me- ur starting to sound like Mia
Me- it's not attractive

Kimberly - could've fooled me, I seen how u look at her

My chest suddenly felt tight and I froze looking at the screen. I look at Mia the same as I do everyone else.. another text came through.

Kimberly - it's only a matter of time before Nick starts noticing too

Kimberly - I hope he beats your face in

" Alright everybody quiet down!" Mr. Abbott said loudly standing at the front of the room. He clapped his hands together and I slid my phone back in my pocket.

" Some of you already know who I am but some of you don't and for those who don't know me, I am Mr. Abbott. I am a former electrician and furniture constructor. I have been retired for about 8 years now and received the necessary education to teach. I did so because I wanted to share my knowledge with the younger generations. If you have any questions ask them now cause we have a lot to cover today"

Nick's hand shot into the air. Chuckles could be heard around the room.

Mr. Abbott grinned and walked over to us. He slapped hands with Nick.
" What's up Nick?"

" Did you miss us over the break?" Nick asked cheekily.

Mr. Abbott let out a deep laugh. " Yes, yes I did, my break was very quiet"

Several more hands shot into the air and they were quickly answered before Mr. Abbott stood at the front of the room again. Mr. Abbott was easily the best teacher at Ridgewood, very lax and friendly. When he taught, you listened cause he knew what he was talking about and he made it enjoyable.