2|An Uncomfortable Plane Ride

*time skip cuz it doesn't make since to write about the drive*

It had been at least a 15 minute drive when they finally made it to the airport. The driver parked in front of the entrance doors and looked to the back of the car to Saundra's mom. "Ms. Juney-" The driver couldn't even get a word out before her mom put her hand up in front of his face.

 "Please don't call me by my first name when I don't know you, it's very uncomfortable, call me Ms. Johnson." With that Ms. Johnson dug in her purse and took out a 100 dollar bill. "Keep the change." Saundra had already been out the car, she bent over and touched her feet, trying to calm her body from pain. 

She rose up and looked up at the sky, taking in a deep breath of the summer air. "Let's go Saundra, no time to play around, we have places to be and a long way to go". Saundra groaned out but immediately stopped when her mom turned around giving her a knowing look. 

"Yes mama i'm just getting my suitcase." She opened then closed the trunk and pulled along her way to stuffed suitcase, quickly trying to follow her mom who was already heading indoor's. 

The airport was huge, it had been years since she got in one, only went when she was about 4 or 5, not really having the memory of being on a plane. As her mom talked with the lady to get there tickets Saundra looked around, watching people talk and laugh, fuss or mom's trying to shush their crying babies, doing the typical human interactions.

 Saundra then heard her mom say her name louder, which scared her. She was so focused she didn't even know her mom was calling her. "Yes?" Saundra said taking out her headphones and trying to calm down her heart. 

"Your ticket, it's time to go you need to hold yours." 

She nodded and took the ticket from her mom, but as she reached for it she noticed there was a map that had Colombia on it. "Mom, where are we moving exactly?" Her mom then stopped walking and handed her the map. 

"I don't know, somewhere in Colombia, I guess were just gonna fly on a helicopter until we find a place." Ms. Johnson claimed, then just turned around and kept moving, speeding up when hearing their plane get called. 

Baffled, Saundra pulled along her heavy weighting suit case, not feeling satisfied of her mothers words. "Wait? So, you don't even know where were gonna go? I thought you had this whole thing planned out." Saundra could hear her mom let out a heavy breath. "I do have it planned out, I told you already, were gonna find some place that looks nice, land there, i'll handle everything so we can move in and boom. You happy?" 

Saundra could feel the anger radiating off of her mom, so she just stayed silent after that, not wanting her mom to start stressing. 

Saundra stuffed her earbuds in her ears and handed the lady her ticket. Getting on the plane was annoying, people were grumpy and rude who pushed and shoved not respecting others what so ever. 

Luckily, her mom got first class, so they didn't have to suffer much, and at least it was quiet. As the plane began to fly she couldn't help but tear up a little. 

"The helicopter is going to already be there when we get to are landing station in Colombia, then the rest is to just fly over every bit of it until we find the perfect place." Ms. Johnson said, trying to break the silence. 

Saundra wiped her eyes still looking out the window. "I'm sure whatever we find will be nice." She said finally turning to her mother. Her mom looked at her and smiled. 

"That's the motivation we need." Ms. Johnson then closed her eyes and laid her head back, clearly tired and wanting to sleep. Saundra waited a few seconds before whispering to herself out the window. 

"Goodbye America, my home sweet home."

*Wow I finished a part 2, really happy about this work so i'm just trying to get as much done as possible whenever I get the chance.*