8|Round Glasses, Warm Smile's

Morning brushed it's way through the window of Saundra's room, the sun ray's warmth tickling her face. 

~~~

I opened my eyes to see the blinding honey light sun burning my face, the balls I see through instantly closing. How long was I asleep? 

I removed my self off of the pallet that was made on the floor of the room and opened my bedroom door. The house looked nice in the morning. I felt my face scrunch up. 

Who's house was I in?  

That's when I remembered where I was. I was living in a new home, and now a member of Encanto. I had nearly tripped running down the stairs jumping 2 at a time, getting my suitcase and quickly rummaging through it, getting my things. 

I could hear an annoyed groan come from behind me. 

"Saundra, it's way to early to be making all that noise, what are you doing?" I turned around to see my mom with a grumpy sleepy morning face. 

"Mama there things I need to get ready for, and so do you." She just looked at me with the most confused face ever. I rolled my eyes.

"Encanto, Helicopter, My chores, Ring a bell?" I waved my hands around to add more depth to what I was saying. 

"Ohhhhhh, right. I just forgot I guess, all that singing and then Casita really tires you out." She put her hand on her forehead while walking sluggishly back up the stairs. 

"Hey! Where are you going get ready!?" She just groaned out and waved her hand as if shooing me away. "Have fun with the Madrigal's, i'm getting some more shut eye before getting out of this house." 

I can't believe her. NOW?! Now she wants to rest? Out of all of the days, this was the best one yet to come and experience and she wanted to stay indoors longer. 

"You sleep on the floor so it's not like your gonna enjoy yourself." I mumbled to myself. 

I winced, preparing for her to say something to what I said.

Luckily, thank god, she didn't hear. 

I stepped out into the morning sun and looked down at my phone. 8:52AM. 

Not bad. I thought. 

I walked with pep in my feet, the busy street noisy full of people selling things and children playing around. Voices linking with others as if an off beat song were playing, warm smiles and waves shared amongst one another. 

It warmed my heart seeing how kind they were to one another, something you barley get in America. 

I started to almost skip with joy, heading toward Casita's door's. The house looked as if it was greeting me with welcome, it's bright colors and happy looks making me even more excited to start the day. I jumped onto the door's step and knocked four times in a rhythm. 

The door opened and Julieta opened the door, when she noticed it was me her face brightened along with a huge welcoming smile.

"Oh Saundra your here, come in come in please." I waved in response and stepped inside, the house looking absolutely amazing as well in the day. 

"Did you eat anything?" Julieta asked, her hand resting on my shoulder as i leaned on a counter in a kitchen, my blue skirt flowing on the sides of my thighs onto the cabinets. 

"No, I woke and up and got dressed first thing, and, I don't really have anything yet so it's not like a could have eaten."

Julieta shook her head and pulled out cooking supplies. "That's fine, your just in time for breakfast anyway." I quickly shook my head no raising my hands.

"Oh no, please senorita I don't need any food i'm fine I promise. I couldn't dare ask for anything from you." Julieta just laughed.

"Chica sin sentido, I don't mind, your in the Madrigal's casa, and your going to be treated like familia if it's the death of me. You have a good corazón Saundra, I can feel it." Julieta said both hands on her chest, then walking up to me and pinching my cheek. 

"Thank's Julieta." I blushed. She was so nice, it's not everyday you get treated like this, so the kindness was shocking. From a complete stranger at that, I've only known her for a day and she had already one over my heart and trust.

Julieta smiled at me one last time before I looked away to the ground, fiddling with my fingers. 

Staring at people for a long period of time was a little hard for me, exspecialy when they were upset or crying, or if I was new around the person. So when her gaze held with mine I got nervous, it makes me look stupid I know but could you blame me? I'm in a whole other country full of new people.

That's when I heard rain and thundering. There wasn't any rain outside but, where was it coming from?

I watched as Julieta's back hitched up and she quickly turned around facing me with wide eyes and a crooked nervous smile.

"Um, excuse me for just a second cariño theirs something I need to handle real quick."

I watched as she stepped outside the kitchen and I could hear whispers, then the rain sounds stopped and in came Pepa with a big smile and Julieta going back with her food on the stove.

"OH my babyy! Your back!" Pepa opened her arms and hugged me tight. I patted her back as she let me go, my face flushed and my heart beating fast. Why are they so nice?

"After breakfast your going to meet my sisters daughter, Mirabel, I think you two should get along really well. And my 2 sons, and my daughter, and Julieta's other 2 daughters, oh, and you must meet Felix, he's gonna love you." 

I laughed a bit and nodded. I felt as if I was apart of their family almost, and I haven't even been there long.

*time skip to market area*

Julieta and Pepa had held my hands as they walked through town to meet this, Mirabel. Sadly when we got there Julieta had to leave. Chores is what she said she had to do. A daily routine for them I see. 

Pepa let go of my hand as well when a girl with big green round glasses walked up to her. She then looked past Pepa after Pepa gestured to me and she smiled, quickly walking up to me. 

"So your Saundra? That's a pretty name." I nodded and smiled, my fingers twirling around my knee long skirt in nervousness. Should I complement her back? Her dress is nice. I don't know what to say i'm freaking out. I thought. 

I just decided to give her a compliment but it was more, jumbled.

"Hiyoudressthisokaybyenice!" I quickly covered my mouth, my cheeks again going red out of embarrassment.  I'm so awkward in front of new people, and now, i've just embarrassed myself. 

Mirabel just looked at me then smiled, along with a hearty laugh. I felt her hug me and then back up, taking one of my hands off of my mouth then shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you girl, I like you already."  

She gave me a warm smile and turned to Pepa who nodded and then she was pulling me off to somewhere. I slowly removed my hand from my mouth. Maybe this is gonna be okay, she didn't even treat me badly when I messed up over my words. I like this Mirabel.

Maybe, we can even be friends...