7|We Are The Madrigal's

The door opened and there was a tall lady with pale warm white skin and red loose curly hair in a braid and a yellow dress. She was talking to someone then turned around with a huge smile. I smiled back. 

But then a saw how her eyes looked me up and down and then my mom and her happy smile fade. She quickly said "I-um, excuse me for a moment!", and then swiftly closed the door. 

I could hear whispers and arguing for a few seconds and the door opened again. Except, it wasn't the lady that answered it the first time, it was a woman with Gray and white hair and brown skin, like mine. 

She had on a light sky blue dress and a apron. She looked like a very nice person. My nerves grew even more when her mouth dropped slightly and her big eyes widened, and she also, closed the door.

At this point I started to panic and look down at my clothes and try touching my hair. What was wrong? Was I dirty? Were me and my mom not supposed to be on their property? After a few seconds the door opened again and this time they both stepped out. They looked tense.

"Hola, uh, how may we help you?" The woman with gray hair asked. 

I swallowed and cleared my throat. "Hola senorita's, i'm Saundra and this is my mom, Ms. Johnson, but her name is Juney. Um, we just moved here, from America, and we flew over those mountains and through the gaps and we landed here. We were wondering if you could show us to Abuela Alma, the villagers told us we can come here?" 

They both blinked and laughed nervously. The one with the red hair spoke up. "Well, Hola, and um...y-you say you came from...o-over those mountains?" She pointed her finger past me and I nodded when I saw the mountains she was pointing at. 

They laughed uneasily. "Well, I'm Pepa, and this is my sister, Julieta. Sorry if we are acting weird, we j-just never had someone come here before." 

"So i've heard." I heard my mom mumble. I elbowed her to get her to be quiet. She glared at me then looked back at them. Julieta then walked next to me, her smile warmed my heart and I felt all my anxiety wash away. 

She gave me that, you are always safe with me feeling, and I loved it. Her soft skin touched my arm as she linked hers with mine. I winced at the feeling of something burning. 

"I'm sorry did I hurt you?" She looked at me with worried eyes. "I don't even know." Was all I could tell her. I didn't know. What could have possibly hurt me? Julieta grabbed and looked at my arm. 

"There's the culprit, you have some type of burn on your elbow, like you scraped it across something." I just nodded, it's not like I would be able to tell her how. "Come with me, um, i'm sorry I didn't catch your name." 

I was being walked into the Casita at this point, I almost forgot she asked for my name, the place was so pretty. "Saundra, Saundra Johnson." She chuckled and I could pretty much hear her smile. 

I was sat down in a lovely kitchen and I couldn't help but look around and rub my hands across the counters and look at all the patters of its interior. I then heard a squeak. I turned around and it was The same girl I saw in the middle of town. 

"It's you!" I said, quickly covering my mouth though when I realized how loud I said it and I might scare her away. 

She just walked away again. Why was she like that?  Was she deaf? One thing or another, she was linked to the Madrigal's that's for sure. Someone important. Just then Julieta had returned and into the kitchen with a plate with four pieces of some type of bread or dough. 

"I'm sorry I took a bit, my nephew tends to take food a lot so I had to get these from him." She then took one off the plate and held it in front of my mouth. It smelled heavenly, but I didn't know what it was.