The Golden Marking

"Guys...I have something."

The cousins looked over to their friend in confusion. 

"What do you mean, "I have something?" Mirabel asked, raising a eyebrow. 

"What I meant was, I have this...scar? Or something." Saundra held out her arm for her now curious friends.

Camilo's eyes widened in awe as Mirabel snatched her wrist to get a closer look.

"Oh my god! How did you get this?!" Mirabel's eyes flickered in excitement as she twisted Saundra's arm back and forth. Even Camilo's eager curious fingers went to graze across it.

Mirabel quickly slapped his hand away, making him glare at her.

"Hands off! I got to it first!" They shared unhappy glances at each other until Saundra awkwardly pulled her arm away.

"Uhm, I'm not some object guys..." 

Mirabel looked at her in disapointment. 

"Oh come on, Mirabel used up all of the time! I didn't even get to look!" Camilo pouted, moving to fold his arms but yelped out in pain, forgetting about his dislocated arm.

Luckily Julieta walked into the room with a plate of arepa's. Mirabel thinking quickly snatched off Camilo's ruana and covered Saundra's glowing golden mark.

Camilo yelped and threw his slipper at Mirabel.

"That hurt you Estúpido pájaro gordo!"

Mirabel snickered as Julieta frowned at her daughter.

"I swear nothing but strange things have been going on today." 

She sat down the plate in front of Camilo and left. Mirabel snatched up the plate before Camilo could place his hands on one.

"I swear to god if my arm wasn't hurting right now i'd come over there and give you the worst-"

Mirabel got up in his face. "Huh?! What?! I didn't hear you clearly!" 

Camilo glared daggers as he shoved an arepa into his mouth and swallowed.

Mirabel's eyes showed fear for a split second as Camilo lept forward, grabbing her shoulders.

"You get off me right now!" 

Saundra watched in horror as the cousins thrashed about on the ground, violent and fowl words leaving the others mouth.

"Guys! Cut it out!" She cried. But it was no use. 

There was scratching and yelling, punching and hair pulling. And for what? 

"Stop it! Stop it stop it stop it!" Saundra panicked.

Camilo yelled out in pain as Mirabel bit into his arm. He punched her head over and over again to get her to get off, so she bit into him harder.

"AAAAAGGGHH!! OH YOU SLIMY SON OF A-!" Camilo then didn't finish his own sentence as he bit into her shoulder with all his might.

Saundra could see the veins in their necks as they were screaming into each other's bodies in pain.

Blood could be seen appearing on Mirabel's fangs, tears pouring out of both cousins eyes.

Camilo gripped onto Mirabel's hair, pulling it as hard as he could.

Next thing y'know, a sound of a pop snapped threw the room.

Both cousins screamed through the others flesh.