3|Spotting A Town In A Helicopter

~~~

After a very exaggerated 7 hours, they finally landed in Colombia. Sadly, they were no where close to finished with their trip. 

They had to find a home fast somewhere absolutely perfect in Colombia, and, get set up before her mom got a fee for the movers having to hold there things for to long. 

Saundra nearly had a heart attack running from place to place, her mom running as well, tying to get a taxi to get them to the helicopter.  

Saundra was starving but didn't dare tell her mom that, in that moment, there was no time to eat. After a bit a taxi took them in and they were able to get to their location on time. Being in a helicopter is way different than from being in a plane. 

There were two pilot's, they happily greeted Saundra's mom and even shook Saundra's hand, which shocked her. They told them rules and the procedure of safety just in case of an emergency etc. Next thing you know, they were in the air, flying above the early Colombian morning sky. 

The pilot's seemed to love to talk, it had been two hours and her mom was saying stuff like: 

"No, I don't like this place, it's crowded and loud. Or "Nope, I can tell from the sky this place isn't it, don't land here." Or "It's to popular, if my ex husband or bad people wanted to look for me they'd look here first thing i'm sure." 

Saundra some how was able to swallow the lump growing in her throat as she looked out the window, then watched the pilot's still somehow happily chat with her mom, no sign of lie or irritation in there voice at all. 

Next thing you know HUGE mountains appeared in front of them another 2 hours later. 

"Whoa! Watch those mountains or we might crash." Saundra shouted in panic.

 But her mom put her hand up and calmly spoke. "No, keep going, don't crash obviously, I just wanna see whats above them, or maybe a way to get in." Saundra looked at her mom as if she was an insane person on the street. 

"MOM, do you hear yourself? What if something goes wrong? Who knows how high these mountains go!" Her mom said nothing, Ms. Johnson just leaned back and sat, waiting and watching.

 After 3 min of going up and around, there was a giant slit between the mountains. Saundra looked toward's her mom her was smiling to herself smugly. "Go on in, if there's nothing there we'll look else where." The pilot's nodded. 

"Yes ma'am." One of them said. Soon, Saundra couldn't believe her eyes. There was a town, a whole town! 

"Mom are you seeing this?! This is crazy! This place is so beautiful from up here." The pilot's just had big smile's on there faces. "Maybe happy that they helped." Saundra thought. "Land please, right over there at the beginning of this place."

 As they landed Saundra's heart fluttered with excitement. People had started gathering around as the helicopter landed, some people even running away, screaming almost. Saundra burst out of the helicopter and looked around. 

It was so big and beautiful, just from what she was seeing made her wan't to scream and jump around in happiness. "This, this right here, is home." She said to herself, arms in the air and smiling ear to ear at the beautiful sky.