Burning Gold

The same symptoms. Golden tears, bright golden light leaving her eyes and mouth.

All three of them hear the same words:"You have been chosen..."

The screams were nightmarish. They were in pain, so much pain. Why?

Pepa stormed into Camio's room, crying for her son to stop. "Please mi hijo, tell me whats wrong!" Pepa sobbed as her son continued to yell out. He would glitch in, and glitch out. His body jolted upwards and then back down onto Dolores' lap. 

"Whats wrong with my mi sabrinia?! Mirabel?!" Pepa shouted, looking over to a sobbing Julieta.

"I-I don't know, my arepa isn't working on her!" Julieta whispered to her daughter, trying to feed more food to her.

BANG

BANG

BANG

Someone was banging onto Casita's door, and it quickly let it open. Ms. Johnson burst up into Camilo's room, Saundra in her arms. Dolores covered her ears, squeezing her eyes shut. 

"It's to much! My ears! They can't take this much noise!"

Ms. Johnson laid Saundra next to Camilo, and Julieta laid Mirabel next to Saundra. Their screams went to pained coughs. All four womens eyes widened. 

Dust.

Gold Shiny Dust began to leave the mouths of the teens, poofy clouds of glittery sand.

"T-Their glowing? Why are they glowing?" Dolores' question remained unanswered. No one knew.

Then they stopped. The screams were gone, and no more coughing dust. 

Sweat stained the faces of the group, all tired and worn out. Camilo's eyes fluttered, and he slowly began to try and sit up.

"Milo? Sweetie? Are you alright?" Pepa reached for her son, eager to hug and kiss all over him. When he leaned on his arm, he cried out in pain.

"Mama, my arm!" His voice was scratchy, blood stained the sleeves of his arm and ruana. 

Ms. Johnson slowly pulled up the sleeve of Camilo's unbroken arm and the women gasped in horror. Gashes from the glass were cut all over it, along with bruises and welts. Yellow, red, purple, and blue. Dolores covered her mouth as she began to cry.

"Camilo...Who did this to you?" Ms. Johnson looked into the boys hazel brown eyes, all she could see was fear.

"....."  Camilo's mouth opened and closed, unable to answer Saundra's mother. 

Saundra and Mirabel were awake now, both scared and confused. 

"Mama? Milo? What happened to you?" Mirabel quickly went to her cousins aid, but he scooted away from her, causing Ms. Johnson's hand to let go of his arm.

"Don't touch me...I don't need your pity. I want tia Julieta....Please?" All three women stood and left out of the room, Julieta getting the food. leaving Camilo alone with Mirabel and Saundra.

"I-I don't understand, something...something happened to me. It was unbearable. The pain, the gold, the voice..." Camilo and Mirabel looked towards Saundra as she spoke.

"Tio Bruno, he would know, he can see the future i'm sure he'll be able to look into why this happened to us."

"Why what, happened to us?" Camilo frowned.

"The whole thing, the julting, the screams, the pain, the whispers!" 

Saundra nodded. "Yes, it happened to me out of nowhere."

Camilo nodded, remembering him being passed out, and that he more than likely missed it, but felt it.

"This Bruno, he can really help us?" Saundra asked.

MIrabel nodded eagerly. "If it's anyone who could help us right now, it's my Tio."

"So...Tio Bruno in the morning?" 

The girls looked to wards each other and nodded.

"In the morning," Mirabel started.

"We find out what the heck is going on here." Saundra finished.

They all nodded, Camilo and Mirabel began to make some small talk on the situation.

Saundra began to scratch her arm, a tiny burning sensation in the middle pit of the arm, usually where the docter would put a needle in for IV.

A small gold smudge, no bigger than the whole thumb nail was grazed across it. Just as if someone had placed yellow paint onto her.

She moved her arm side to side, watching it shine and sparkle, her curious fingers gently grazing across the marking.

"Guys...I have something..."

Now there ya'll go. A chapter. I know it's a short one, but I wanted to keep the suspense going. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love ya'll and hope you liked it. Byyyyyeeee<3