Chapter One

Josie Pov:
Hope lay, eyes closed. Movement non- exisent but somehow still peaceful, angelic. I feel so guilty. It's my fault she's stuck- wherever she is. Alone. All I want to do is see her and tell her how grateful I am for her. Tell her how much she saved me and I guess just tell her, 'thank you'. But I can't. All I can do is sit her next to her small vulnerable body hoping, praying that she opens her eyes.

It's been a week since my 'incident', and the school hasn't exactly been very forgiving. Not that I can blame them. I have tried to lay low, to give people time and space to heal from my horrible acts but it hasn't been easy. I feel I can't move on until all the damage I've done is resolved. Until Hope wakes. I visit her everyday and talk to her. I've been told by Emma that she can't hear me but she's my only friend to talk to right now - apart from lizzie. Lizzie has tried to help but lately I have been feeling too guilty to accept help from her. Of course I much appreciate what she's doing and I love her for it but it just feels like too much at the minute. So I'm just going to stay sitting here: day in and day out, in the room of the girl who saved my life, with her lifeless hand in mine as I pray for her to wake.

Hope Pov:
I can't feel Josie here anymore, her presence and her fairytale realm have started to fade and around me all I can really see is darkness. It feels like the malivore pit. That empty sickening feeling, I realize I am stuck here and can't seem to figure out why. I listen for anything to give me faith of an escape but the atmosphere remains quiet. Being here isn't exactly ideal but I'd do it all over again to ensure Josie was safe - ensure the school was safe. Eventually I give up on my plans to escape. A wave of exhaustion loomed over me so I lay down onto the darkness and close my eyes.

                          ***********

"Hope," I wake up instantly to the sound of a man's voice. I can hear him,
- desperation resides in his words. A sound I almost recognize.
"Hope," I hear his voice again, nostalgia washing over me. He can't be here. I want to deny it but I hear it. The soft tone to his voice, the way I feel so instantly safe, the pain.
"Hello sweetheart," I hear him say.
"Dad?"

Josie Pov:
"Josie you need to come quickly there is something wrong with Hope," Lizzie urged as she ran into my magical history lesson as quickly as she ran back out.
"What, what is it?" I practically yell as I knock over my desk running after her to Hope's room. As I enter I see her lay on her bed like she usually is but her face is paler, and her forehead is sweating, she is restless. Her rose lips keep moving - saying words very quietly. She's in pain.

Hope Pov:
I run over to him preparing to hug him tight and never let go. My heart filled with so much emotion, all those feelings of grief I previously had had disappeared, in this moment it was just me and him and nothing else in the world mattered. I run over and wrap my arms around him.
But as I do he fades away. I turn around confused.
Flashes of memories shoot around me while layering voices emerge - so many I can barely make them out.
"Let me go because I'm tired, I'm so tired and if anything I-I just want my mom, I just want my mom"
"You really think I'm broken?"
"My littlest wolf. I will do right by you"
"THEN LET ME DIE!"
"Always and Forever"
"I was 9 and I saw this scary monster who looked like my dad"
"You've helped me feel something I never thought was possible..unconditional love"
"How do we do this?"
"I wish I knew"

Pain shoots through me like a bullet hitting me over and over. I fall to my knees and curl up in a ball on the floor - my hands over my ears. Grief and guilt overwhelmed me and I felt like I was drowning, dying. I placed my hands over my ears wishing for everything to stop. It didn't. It wasnt. It was endless.

Josie Pov:

"Whats wrong with her?" I panic as I rush over to her side - my hand reaches toward her forehead checking her temperature. Lizzie just gave me a worried look as if she was too panicked to actually speak right now. I stared at Hope's face. She seemed so.. weak. The almighty tribrid so helpless, I hated it. I blame myself. I don't know what to do. She saved me when I seemed unsaveable, she brought me back. I don't notice myself on my knees by her bed until Lizzie reaches out and puts a hand on my shoulder. "She'll be okay," she managed to muster but neither of us knew if that was true. Lizzie leaves the room.. I place my hand on hers squeezing it tight, her body is so warm. I try to see if I can siphon any sort of magic that was perhaps left over from our fairytale but nothing happens. All I can do is be there for her, sit and wait as I watch her in pain.
"Come back to me Hope," I whisper softly in her ear

Hope Pov:

I can feel it. The pain.
"A cosmic mistake, someone who should never have been born"
I try to fight it. Emma taught me breathing exercises for when I used to get like this but I really don't think they work. All I feel is this weight of sadness, it's crushing me.
"And that makes you.. a princess"
I close my eyes as I listen to each memory again and again, I fear this is my eternity. Until.. I hear another voice

A delicate voice. A soothing voice.
"Come back to me Hope"
I find myself relax, and slowly....the other voices quieten and all I focus on is hers.

Josie Pov:

Slowly, after a couple of hours, she started to calm down. I moved a strand of hair from her face and gazed at her slightly fluttering eyelids. How can one be so beautiful in this state?

No one's Pov:
Dr Saltzman walked into Hope's room to find Josie asleep resting her head on Hope's mattress. Josie opened her eyes abruptly and checked to see if Hope was okay. Hope was still asleep but seemed no worse so Josie's body relaxed.
"Hey dad, what's up?"
"Good morning sweet heart," he said in a hushed tone "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you, I was just coming to check on Hope. I have called Freya Mikealson and she has said she thinks she has a spell to wake her and will be here soon"
Josies face lit up slightly but she wasn't getting her hopes up so remained calm.
"Thanks for letting me know Dad,"
"Of course Josie, you are such a good friend to her"
Josie felt strange at the use of her dad's word of friend. She didn't understand why. That's what they were. So why should he say anything different? Josie stared at the girls perfect face and took a breath. "Friend," she muttered to herself as if to evaluate how she felt about that word.
"What did you say Jo," Ric said - Josie clearly didn't realize he hasn't left the room.
"Oh nothing, nevermind," she replied.

Hi guys just randomly wanted to do a hosie fanfic I will try to post whenever I can if that's what u want. Let me know if you want this fanfic to continue. I hope you have an awesome day x