Chapter Three

Josie Pov:
Hope's eyes were open wide, and she sat up very abruptly. Her breathing was uneven and gradually got faster and faster. I placed my hand across her face and turned her head gently to look at me. Her pale blue eyes met mine but she looked as if she couldn't focus them, her pupils were dilated.
"It's okay Hope, your safe," I gently spoke to her, my eyes fixed upon hers studying her movements. I wanted to hold her tight and never let go, but I couldn't. Her breathing was quickening alot so I tried to calm her. I placed one hand upon her chest and I took breaths at a slow pace - indicating to her to try to match my pace. It's something I was used to doing for Lizzie when she had her episodes. I never once took my eyes off of Hope's. Gradually her heartbeat started to slow - I could feel it beneath my hand. Her body relaxed and she put her head in her hands.
"I'm sorry," I heard her whisper. This confused me. Why would she be sorry, if anything I should be the one apologizing.
"Hey," I said quietly. Her face turned to look at me. I could tell she didn't like being vulnerable in front of people as she found it hard to keep a hold of my gaze. I reached for her hand - stroking the back of it with my thumb.
"You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for," I gave her a smile which she mirrored back. I stood up from the stool I was sat on and went to sit beside her on her bed. We sat in silence for a few minutes.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I offered not really knowing what to say. All I knew was I wanted her to be safe. I studied her gaze as it drifted to the floor and then to me. I understood she didn't want to talk about it yet. So I took her hand.
"It's okay Hope," I told her. She then rested her head on my shoulder and we stayed like this until she fell asleep.

I didnt want to wake her but I figured she'd be hungry after over 3 weeks of being in a mind-coma. I gently detached myself from Hope who was clearly exhausted and rested her head on a pillow. I put a blanket over her and quietly left the room. Freya came across me in the hallway.
"Is everything okay, is she okay?" she sounded worried so I quickly replied
"She okay, she's awake don't worry. She's really tired,which is understandable, so I left her in her room to sleep. I think when she wakes she is going to be hungry though so I'm going to go and make her some food."
Freya gave me a smile and a look that told me she appreciated what I was doing. Honestly I thought that I would be scared of the mikealson's when I heard about them but so far the ones I have met have been so kind.
"I'm going to go and find your dad and tell him the good news. Let's hope he's not too mad about the fake list of errands I sent him on," she said with a giggle as she walked away. I continued on my journey to the kitchen. I didn't really know what someone would want after being in a coma for three weeks so I pretty much made everything I could make.

I entered back into Hope's room. She was still sleeping so I left the tray with the food on on her bedside table. I would've stayed with her but I needed to let other people know she was okay. "She's okay," I said to myself as I exited her room. I felt this relief wash over me, I hadn't felt like this since before dark josie. Maybe not even then.

Hope Pov:
I wake up abruptly. I keep having nightmares about when I was stuck there. I calm myself and look around me. Josie isn't here but there is a tray of food - alot of food- which I am assuming she has left for me. I smiled. I feel so embarrassed that I let Josie see that side of me today - my vulnerable side. I take the blanket off of me and eat some of the food on the tray. I'm certain that an entire army could've eaten all the food she made but I just appreciate her more for doing that.
I feel like I don't have the energy to act happy today, but I'm going to have to do it because everyone else is counting on me to be that way. As I get up from bed I hear a knock at my door.
"Come in," I say rather unemotively
"Hello my gorgeous girl," I hear her voice. I dont have to pretend to be happy around her because I actually am.
"Aunt Freya!" I squeal running into her arms. I guess I hadn't really had time to think about how I got out of my mind-prison thing, but her being here kind of solves it.
"Thank you," I say to her sincerely as she cups my face in her hands.
"You know you never have to thank me for saving your life, that comes with being a mikealson," she smiled. She stares at me concerned "so...how are you?" she asks very seriously. I didn't want to worry her.
"I'm okay. I mean I could be better but I'm dealing with it okay," I lie very believably. She doesn't look convinced but accepts my answer and continues.
"Well....I saw a very kind little witch today," she goes on. I can't help myself from blushing, all the things Josie did for me are 'friend things' but clearly my aunt can read between the lines.
"Yeah that's Josie," I say - trying to act nonchalant but it definitely isn't working.
"Is that the same Josie you had a crush on when you were 14,"she giggles giving me a knowing yet inquisitive face.
"Yes. It is," I say begrudgingly eventhough it was very obvious due to my bright red pigment all over my cheeks.
"Well I think she's very nice Hope
..and very mikealson-worthy," she says chuckling to herself. I can tell she genuinely thinks this which is what makes me blush more. I quickly change the conversation.
"How long are you staying here for?" I ask, already expecting disappointment. It's not that she doesn't want to stay it's just that Freya always has 'other duties' to handle, being one of the highest ranking witches does have some faults.
Freya tone gets solemn as she says
"Yes that's what I came to tell you sweetheart, I have to leave for New Orleans... now. There has been an incident at Niks school, something to do with him casting a spell on another student."
I understand and give her another hug before she leaves.
"Thanks again," I say
"It isn't me you should be thanking," she says and starts laughing again as she walks away.  I miss Freya alot and after my coma her leaving is especially hard, even if it's expected.

Josie Pov:
I've told almost everyone that's would care that Hope is okay however I haven't seen Lizzie yet. I'm assuming she is getting changed. There is supposed to be a party tonight in the woods. I walk into our room and she's stood in front of the mirror with a red dress and a blue dress deciding which one is better.
"Which one?" She asks me very panicked. I genuinely think both dresses look great but I have learnt from experience that when Lizzie asks for an opinion I have to pick one otherwise she will be here all day.
"The blue one looks great," I say. She agrees with my decision and then goes searching in her jewelry box for some sort of necklace I think.
"So how come you aren't with Hope, Dad said you two were doing a spell or something with Freya. He sounded very grumpy about it," she questioned.
"Well actually I came to tell you that Hope is awake. Well she's awake from her coma and is sleeping now but like she's awake," I say
"Finally," Lizzie says acting like its not a big deal but I can see the relief on her face as I tell her.
"Does this mean she can come to the party? Oh my God we can make it a party for her!" She practically screamed. I definitely think that Hope isn't up for a party, to be honest neither am I.
"Lizzie I don't think Hope is going to be able to handle that right now, she has alot going on," I say trying to make it not sound too harsh. Normally Lizzie would push further for Hope to go but I think she understood as she responded with
"Okay, that's fine I guess."

Now that everything has been sorted in the 'Hope is awake area' I can finally go and see her. I'm scared for Hope, she always acts really tough and I think that it's going to take a toll on her especially now. I blame myself for everything. If it wasn't for me none of this would've happened. I knock on her door. I'm hoping she is awake by now but there isn't a response so I slowly walk in. She is sat painting, she looks so perfect. She still hasn't noticed me and she looks like she's lost in trance at whatever she is doing. I don't want to bother her so I just watch her for abit by the door.
"You do know it's creepy to stare," she says still concentrating on her art work. I laugh and my face heats up.
"Sorry," I say "you just looked like you didn't want to be disturbed."
"It's fine I don't mind," she says putting her paint brush down.
"I just wanted to see how you were," I say. She looks up at me with her sky blue eyes and tells me she's fine. I don't believe her.
"So what are you doing tonight then? There is a party if you want to go," I ask eventhough I know she won't want to go. Partly because I want her to know she's welcome and partly because I want her to open up to me about how she's feeling. She looks at her painting and then at the floor.
"Oh urm thanks Jo but I don't urm think I'm up for that yet. I'm probably just going to I don't know do nothing for the rest of the night haha," she laughs, trying to cover up her vulnerability. I dont like the idea of her alone here tonight.
"We could watch a movie if you want," I ask hoping she says yes. 
"Okay urm yeah, that sounds fun," she replies, I can't tell if it's genuine or if she just doesn't want to hurt my feelings by saying no, but either way she still agreed so I feel slightly better.
"Okay well then I'll meet you in here at like 7, you pick the movie and I'll bring some snacks," I say
"More food," she giggles.
She then smiles at me to let me know she was grateful, I smile back.