Chapter Nine

Josie Pov:
Me and Lizzie have been talking for hours. Well when I say me and her, I really just mean her. We've managed to do all the 'effeminate' activities: watch rom-coms, have a spa session and talk about boys (eh kinda). These things aren't exactly my style, but if Lizzie is happy, so am I.
"So," she asks genuinely interested in my answer,"Do you think you an Hope will last?"
I think about this a lot and if I'm being truly honest, there is constantly this voice in my head that makes me think she'll be taken away from me - or she'll leave.
"I don't know. I hope we do," I answer.
"What about you and Mg?" I ask grinning to her. Mg has been in love with Lizzie for years, and yet everytime they have a chance something gets in the way.
"Mg and I haven't even figured out if we are together, never mind how long we will last," she pauses taking a breath, "I'm just scared there is an imbalance in our admiration for each other. I'm scared that because I don't love him back yet, he will stop waiting for me," Lizzie said, resting her head upon her pillow. I feel grateful she's actually confided in me, but I know she is overthinking things alot. I reply to her,
"Mg has been there for you as long as I've known him, when you were dating sebastian, when you were close to getting together with Ethan- before he left, when you decided-"
"Okay Jo I understand, now stop talking about my exes or I'll bring up Penelope Park," she says her eyebrows raising as I quickly give her a look of acknowledgement. Penelope was my first actual love, an intense spiral of sacrificing happiness for one another, it took me a long while to get over her. But, when I look upon it today, she is nothing compared to what I have with Hope. Hope. I hadn't really had time to think about what she said and I do worry about her, it's been awhile since she has gone to New Orleans. Infact I think the last time she went was her father's death. I should've gone with her to make sure she was okay. 'She'll be fine' I tell myself to feel more relaxed, but it doesn't really work. I realise it's getting quite late, when I look toward Lizzie she is already asleep. Her hair completely over her face as she drools on the pillow. I roll my eyes and turn the light we share off, until I too am taken by sleep.

Hope Pov:
By the time I reached my Aunt Rebekah's, I was exhausted. My exhaustion was most likely taking away some of the anxiety I was feeling about this trip, so I was kind of grateful. I stood outside the compound, too afraid to go in. Too many memories. She then sees me from her room and jumps down with a huge smile. I realized I hadn't told her I was coming, oh my God what if she was busy, or she had plans or she didn't want to see me. My thoughts were quickly cut off when she wrapped her arms around me. She pulled away to look at me and smiled,
"You are so gorgeous Hope, I'm almost jealous," she laughs as she takes my things and leads me into the compound. It looked the same as it always did, a wide open space filled with the Mikaelson crest. Ivy grew around the walls, I look around reminiscing until I see a name engraved into the stone brick. It's lighter shade standing out from the ancient rubble behind it.
'Niklaus Mikaelson' I stifle a cry before Rebekah notices my expression.
"We put that up a few weeks after he died," she states - her tone sympathetic ,"We thought he deserved a memorial here aswell," she says gently - smiling at me. I just nod unable to speak or else I will start crying and never stop.
"Come on you," she put her arm around my shoulders and guides me to my room. I arrived quite late so we didn't really have time to talk right now but I would stay over here and go back to school tomorrow afternoon.

Josie Pov:
Exhaustion hits me over and over as I finally open my eyes. I look across from me and Lizzie isn't in her bed - I assume I've slept in quite abit. 11:13 - shit. I look at my alarm clock ,feeling my eyes droop down again before I force myself out of the comfort of my bed. I was supposed to get up for lessons over 2 hours ago. The school seems very quiet today - considering classes are going on. I get into my clothes as quick as possible and don't really bother brushing my hair, I just braid it so it looks presentable. If I leave now I can probably be on time for my 'introduction to lycanthropy' lesson. Dad is going to be so mad at me.

As I'm about to leave my dorm, I see a young boy open his door across from me, his head slightly popping out- he looks scared. I realise it's Pedro, this confuses me because the elementary dorms are across the other side of the school. I'm about to ask what he's doing before he moves his hand toward his lips, indicating me to be quiet.

What is going on.

I feel my heart beat slightly faster with the unknown as I wave my hand for him to join me in my dorm. He moves extremely fast as he joins me in my room, he grabs my arm for comfort.
"Pedro what's going on," I ask scared. His voice is but a whisper as he speaks exceedingly quick.
"There were these men in my origins of the species class and they were angry, they were looking for her, their big scary faces held guns to our class and took them somewhere," his breathing is shallow as I kneel down to look at him, he continues.. "I ran as fast as I could over here and they lost me eventually, I've been hidden under the bed until I heard you come out of your room, I'm scared Josie," his eyes fill with tears as I hug him close, for his benefit and my own. It was as if the world grew motionless as his words were said. This can't be happening. This must be a dream. A horrible dream. Wake me up please. Wake me up. Wake up. WAKE UP.

Nothing happens. This is real.

My hands start to shake as I take in what he's said.
"Who were they looking for pedro?" I ask as my face turns paler with worry. His eyes meet mine as if he doesn't want to tell me.
"They were look-," he starts before he needs to catch his breath. "They were looking for Hope,"

A tear runs down my left cheek as I try to remain strong for him. Hope is due back to the school soon, but her phone is turned off while she stays with her family. I need to make sure she stays far from here.
"Pedro, Pedro listen to me," I hold his shoulders as he looks into my face as if he's looking through me.
"You have to listen. Hope is away right now.... but I need you to help us get a message to her .....okay?"
I watch as his face becomes more scared as he tries to focus.
"How?" He asks - his voice breaking.
"I'm going to place my arm on your shoulder and use your magic to deliver a message to her, it won't hurt don't worry but it might feel abit tingly. Is that okay, can you do that for me Pedro?" I ask in a serious tone as, my mind goes numb. He nods his head. I hold the paper with my warning on it, and watch as I use magic to make it disappear from my hand.

'Hope, stay away from Mystic falls. Some men have come looking for you and have taken most of the school somewhere- we don't know. I am in my dorm with Pedro, we are safe for now. I don't know about my sister, she isn't here and I haven't heard a sound from the other rooms. Please listen to me Hope. I know you'll want to help us but these people- I can feel it- they are dangerous. Don't try and be a hero Hope. Stay safe.
-Josie'

Short chapter sorry but I'm writing the rest rn it might not be out till tomorrow though.. I wanted to include Pedro because he's not been in it yet. This storyline kind of is like season 1 episode 16 but it's different people as the school take over ppl. Hope you enjoy <3