Chapter Twelve

Josie Pov:

"Jo, I love you," Hope says to me almost on instinct - like the words didn't have time to be questioned or thought about. But that the words were so certain, they couldn't be contained within her.

I regain my breath and realise I haven't yet responded.
"Sorry," Hope starts before I can - her voice hiding embarassment as she lowers her head, "I just. I was in the car on my way to you and all I could think about was that I hadn't told you how I felt and I realise this probably feels like too much and if you need time t-" she continues in a panicked voice. I abrubtly place my arm around her neck forcing her lips to meet mine as I now hold the back of her head with both of my hands. Our pressures immerse upon one another while the warmth of her breath across my lips makes me want her more. My arms wander from her neck to her waist to pull her body closer to mine. Our faces pull away gently - our short breaths catching up with one another as I utter the words..
"I love you too Hope Mikaelson,"
I watch as her face fills with joy - her eyes gazing back toward me, holding me forever in this moment.

Hope Pov:
Her words are uttered with such surety that I feel as though I'm complete. I take a deep breath trying to prevent tears in my eyes reaching the surface. Her face looks toward me, her soft gaze making me feel safe as she rests her forehead upon mine. I feel so much joy here. With her. Always with her. I hear her words repeat in my head, each time releasing more happiness throughout me. I love her.
"I'm glad you're okay, " I say after our heads separate, her eyes look toward mine with such...distance.
"Thanks for not taking my advice to stay away," she says smiling but I can tell she is still afraid.
"I wouldn't let anyone hurt you," I say sincerely. She turns her body so she can lean against me, my arms surround her stomach as her head rests upon my chest.
"I'm was so scared Hope," she says under her breath as I hear her quietly let out a gentle sob. I want nothing more than her happiness, her safety. But nothing I could say would make the pain and fear she experienced go away. I just continue holding her tighter as I place a kiss on the top of her head. She holds me even closer to her, her eyes now shut as she controls her breath.
"Oh," her head pops up abrubtly as she gives me a startled stare, "I know who is doing all this," she says looking toward me anticipating my reaction...
"It's Roman, he is leading the 'Sienna Revolution' or whatever B.S he is calling it. He wants to get rid of you because he deems you impure," she rolls her eyes aggressively and goes off on a tangent about him, "that stupid, narcissistic, arrogant piece of -"
I cut her off as I move her hair behind her ear.
"So he took the whole school hostage just to kill me?" I ask confused.
"I don't know," she responds, "I haven't seen him- only his followers. They said they've been watching the school for awhile and know what we have been hiding- he was talking about you. The people said they would let me live if I told them where you were. Apparently me and my sister are also 'impure' so they should've killed me aswell,"
I feel my rage fire up again at her words, and at her acceptance of them. She should never have had to hear or go through that.
"I'll kill him," I say, my plan already forming in my head.
"My family is here by the way, they've come to help. My aunt has gone to return the magic back to the students but I don't know if she's done it yet," I say as Josie gives me a slight laugh.
"What?" I say with a smile.
"The Mikaelsons under one roof fighting the same cause," she responds "I don't know why they think they stand a chance"

Josie Pov:
I feel relaxed at the thought of Hope's family being here. Usually the Mikaelsons brought caos wherever they went and were to be feared. But when they are fighting with us, I feel a strange sense of power.
"I need to find Roman," Hope says regretfully as she stands up from the bed, "this isn't going to end until I speak to him."
I hate that I feel unsafe at the thought of Hope leaving me, like my life was dependant on her protection. I hated feeling helpless. I'm scared.
I think she noticed my worry as she said to me.
"You come with me, I don't want to leave you here alone. We don't know what the school is like right now,"
I relax again.
We walk beside each other, her body extremely close to mine as we scour the hallways. We spot a man in the same uniform as the rest running from the hall, his gun had clearly been left behind as he tries to escape. Hope stops him with her magic, pulling his body over so he falls on his back. We rush over to him as he puts his hands above his head- surrendering.
"Tell me where Roman is," Hope demands coldly. The man looks toward his exit when he replies in a shaky voice.
"I-I can't tell you that. I'll be killed,"
He tries to sit up in an attempt to run away. Hope's eyes glow as her hand forces his head to smack back onto the floor.
"Look," she says quietly, "you can either guarantee your death on the cold floors of this school, or you can give me the location of your leader and I will give you a 5 minute headstart to escape me,"
The man looks around him before responding.
"He's at the Old Mill, now p-please let me go," his eyes focus on his exit as Hope slowly loosens her grip upon his neck. She watches smiling as he runs away.
"Sorry," Hope says to me as we make our way to the mill. I am confused at her words, but feel as though I can manage without an explanation for now. I just take her hand in mine and squeeze it gently to let her know I don't require an apology from her.

Hope Pov:
I feel guilty that my violence showed around Josie. I didn't want her to ever view me that way. Her hand in mine rescues my spiraling thoughts as she anchors me to the present.
Across the field on the way to the mill, Davina notices me. Her smile grows as she looks toward mine and Josie's entwined hands.
"I'm glad you're both okay," she expressed, "how is everything with the rest of the school? Kol and I have managed to stop any attackers from leaving but we aren't sure what the update is."
I respond with the details of what's happened and Davina gives a relieved sigh.
"Kol is currently doing....eh well I guess you could say 'Mikaelson business' but I can go and get him if you want," she says. I smile before replying
"No that's okay. Me and Jo are going to confront Roman - one of his followers told me he is at the Old Mill, so I'm going to try and see why he is acting this way,"
"Need back-up?" She asks politely.
"We should be fine, he is alone and all of his supporters are either in hiding or dead so it shouldn't be any trouble," I respond thankful for the offer.

We walk ahead a few steps as Davina returns back to the school.
"So that's the all powerful harvest witch!" Josie asks- she'd clearly been holding in her excitement. I let out a slight laugh while shaking my head.
"What!?" she says in a high pitched voice, "She's really cool!"
I pull her closer to me and kiss her cheek.
"I love you," I say again - still laughing.
This time I don't need her response.

Short chapter again. Have a great valentines day/ have a great day if u don't celebrate <3

Hope you enjoyed x