Chapter Twenty

Hope Pov:
I couldn't get over how amazing Josie was with me. It was my first time and people had always said that your first time wasn't supposed to be good, but it was. She was amazing. I never once felt uncomfortable and she made me so happy.

Falling asleep better than I'd ever slept before all I could feel was pure happiness. Her hand holding mine in such a caring manner that I never wanted this moment to end.

My heart belonged to her and she never failed to keep it safe. Eventually I drifted to sleep, her comforting acts whisking me away to peace.

                    ****

I woke up quite late the next morning. Josie was already awake, her smile widening as my eyes opened tiredly. I smiled too.
"How long have you been awake?" I mumbled. I was still exhausted from the events of last night, which I wasn't complaining about.

Josie had noticed I was tired and chuckled.
"You're cute when you're sleepy," she said. I blushed and she kissed my forehead.
"I've only been up for about an hour. But watching you sleep brought some entertainment. You know, you talk in your sleep," Josie smirked.

I squinted from embarassment trying to hide my face from her as she giggled.
"Don't be embarassed it's cute," Josie said as she moved her body closer to mine.

"What did I say?" I asked worried about what nonsense I could've said.
"Not much. Little whispers of how much you love me mixed in with you talking about how you are going to take your teddy bears to the rainbow some day. It was very adorable. Has Mr snuggles always wanted to go there?" She teased as I hid my face in my pillow.

We both laughed for a few minutes before I moved her head closer so I could kiss her.
"Thank you," I said to her. She gave me a confused look while smiling as I moved her hair from her shoulder, " you just make me so happy and I've you so much. And I just.. I don't know what I'd do without you," I said meaning every word.

It angered me that there wasn't a word better than love. Josie deserved a word better than love. But there was nothing I could say in words that expressed how much she meant to me. And how beautiful and full of light and amazing she is. I wanted her to know, but every word didn't grasp it quite well enough.

She looked toward me and I saw a tear fall from her eye as she smiled.
"No don't cry," I said smiling as I wiped the tear from her cheek.
She laughed in tears before kissing me again.
"You mean everything to me Hope, and you're so adorable I could just admire to you forever," she spoke.

We were both crying now, our love for one another overwhelming us as we both laughed at our own ridiculousness.

Omg I wrote this ages ago and only realised today I didn't publish it ☠️

Anyways its short so enjoy. I'm prolly not going to update this story anymore unless ppl like really really want me to then I will. But my other story will be updated