Chapter Nineteen

Hope Pov:
Alaric words cut the thred that had been poorly put there after my parents death. It was as everything I'd felt before resurfaced and it was alot to handle. Josie was my anchor. She stayed with me for hours, comforting me. Her presence reminded me that I'm not alone. It was something I hadn't really had before. Yes, I had a whole family who loved and cared for me. But not like this. This was different. It was better. Ordinarily a hit like this to my mental health would've caused me to spiral much further, I even considered shutting it all off- but I couldn't do that to Josie. I didn't understand what I did to deserve someone like her.

It was around 7pm and Caroline invited me to have dinner with her, Josie and Lizzie ( if I was up for it). I'd started to feel better after a few hours so agreed.
"Are you sure you're okay with this," Josie asked for the tenth time, "I mean just a couple of hours ago you were unconscious and almost taken away, no one would blame you for not coming," she says as she studies my body language for hints of distress. I laugh at how much she cares and kiss her cheek.
"I'm going," I say gently. Josie looks toward me again and squeezes my hand before leaving to go and get changed into more suitable clothes. I do that same. My usual attire was grey sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I'm guessing that this dinner is abit more formal than that.

I decide on wearing a red long-sleeved top with several necklaces and some formal black jeans. Making the outfit slightly more classy, I add some silver jewelry and then go to meet Josie.

Shes....

beautiful.

I can't put into words how amazing she looks and just stand in awe as she walks over to me. She puts both her hands on my waist, the touch feels ...welcome. Almost tingly.
"Your eyes will hurt if you keep staring for that long my love," she says in a voice that allows butterflies to enter and my cheeks to flush a light red. I smile before she takes my hand and we enter the dining room.

Josie Pov:
I giggle at Hope being so flustered at my touch before we enter the room. She looks perfect. I'd never really seen Hope in anything that also couldn't be worn as pajamas, so this was a change I wasn't complaining about.
"Hi girls," mom says as she halts her conversation with Lizzie. The table didn't have any food yet so we talked for awhile.

Hope Pov:
"I just wanted to let you know Hope that Alaric won't be coming back to the school again. Not after what he tried to do," Caroline says trying to hold her anger from speaking at his name. I smile slightly, I didn't really know how to act. Of course I was happy that he'd left, but he was a part of their family and I knew Josie cared about him alot.
"I'm glad you didn't get sent to that place," Lizzie says as she puts a hand on my shoulder, I can see the genuine emotion on her face but she tries to cover it up ,"there'd be no one else to make fun of....well I guess I could bully the 1st graders, they're about the same height as you right?" She says as Josie chuckles.
The meal went on rather fast. We talked about school mostly as Lizzie made constant insults toward people she hated and Josie and I tried to steer the conversation away from our relationship. But it was nice. It felt homely. My family can't be around here alot, generally it was a rule by Alaric that they don't be, but also because they are constantly busy. Freya is the highest ranking witch leader so has tones of work. Rebekah and Marcel have been on their honeymoon for over a month. And Kol, Keelin and Davina can never find the time. It's nice to know I always have a family here if I need it.

After the dinner, Josie and I head back to my room. It had just become a normal thing, her sleeping in my bed. No one questioned it anymore. When she shut the door, she kissed me passionately.
"What was that for?" I asked.
"You just look really pretty," she says to me. I can't help but blush as she kisses me again.

Josie Pov:
Her pupils are blown when I answer her question and I can't help but laugh at how much my praise means to her. My lips meet hers with so much passion I forget everything else in the room but her. I want her more than I've wanted her before and kiss her more deeply. I can tell the desire both of us have is strong, as we separate- our breathing uneven. There is a look given from Hope.