Chapter Eleven

Josie Pov:
The cold opening of the barrel meets my forehead, sending shivers of ice through me. The warmth of a tear fell down my left cheek involuntarily. In that moment, all I could feel was the gun. No air around me. No senses. Not even the floor beneath me.
Just this tiny object which had the power to take my life away.
"Name," he urges in a low tone - my voice shattering into tiny fragments as I respond in a whisper.
"J-J-Josie," I muster
"Josie Saltzman?" He asks hopefully. I consider denying the name, it felt as though he'd been looking for me and I didnt know what to expect. But I couldn't be good. I can't inflict this name upon anyone else so I respond.
"Yes,"
His face brightens to a narcissistic smile-  he removes the coldness from my head and grabs me by the wrist.
"Follow me," he demands.

...

We reach a door at the bottom of a set of stairs, I assume it is an abandoned classroom we no longer use. My breath has started to steady as I enter but quickly speeds up when I see her in here.
"Lizzie?" I say nervously. She is tied up in the corner of the room her head bowed down into her knees as I hear her quiet sobbing. She turns her head to look at me.
"I'm s-sorry Jo," she spoke through her cries, "they were going to kill Mg unless I gave them a name of someone who knew where Hope was," I watch as her eyes begin to water again and she spits out a violent cry "I tried to save him, I couldnt..I just couldn't watch him die,"
The man holding me kicks the back of my legs to force me further into the room. I won't give up Hope's location. I will never tell them anything.
"Who the hell are you," I manage to say rather confidently - my anger of what they'd done to my sister had taken over.
"What they hell do you want with Hope," I shout as they sit me on a chair and point the gun toward my face again. This time the coldness felt exhilarating- it fueled my vengeance.
"We are part of the 'Sienna revolution'," a woman who was stood across from Lizzie said. "We've been watching this school for some time. We know the in's and outs of your magic and know the abomination you have been hiding from the world," she continues. I sadly have to assume they are talking about Hope. I recognize the name 'Sienna', I think Hope has told me about something or someone like this before.
The man who brought me in stands up and speaks
"We believe - as Greta believed - that the supernatural species should be pure. There is no room for contaminated blood anymore. It only creates more problems," he says sternly. Greta Sienna. That's the name I recognize. Roman's mother. The person who killed Hope's mom. The mother of the boy who manipulated her.
"Does Roman know what you are doing in her name?" I ask. Roman left the school a few years ago with a path to change his mother's message. If he heard what was going on right now he would be so disappointed.
The man looks across to his peers who then give a nod in agreement.

"Roman is the leader of our rebellion,"he speaks.

Hope Pov:
As we are driving to the school, everyone remains silent. Rebekah has run over 300 stop signs and has exeeded the speed limit by almost double the figure. Freya sits in the back seat holding my hand to try and comfort me. It isn't helping. All I can think about is Josie. If I lose her, I've lost everything.
Kol breaks the silence as we are about half an hour away.
"So are we going to strategise or is it just kill everyone who gets in our way,"he asks-
his tone clearly hoping it's the second option.
"We need to find out what they want with Hope," Davina says, "we can't just go in blind with no clue who or what we are fighting," she explains.
Rebekah turns her head into the back seat.
"What bloody difference does it make Davina. They are after Hope..... we stop them. I like the kill everyone idea Kol suggested," Rebekah smiles while touching up her lip stick in the mirror - she's clearly not focused on her driving. Everyone starts spitballing ideas - it is mainly just Kol obsessing about how he's going to rip their heads off. Freya then speaks
"Me, Hope, and Rebekah will enter the school via an invisibility spell, mine and Hope's magic can overcome the nullifyers that I'm assuming they are using. Hope and Rebekah then go to find Josie while I find the source of their defenses and help get the kids magical abilities back. Kol and Davina, you are going to be damage control - you enter the back entrance, find the pupils and help them escape," Freya then looks at Kol with a very serious face "only under EXTREME circumstances are you to kill the attackers infront of the pupils. These children are still young and seeing you swipe a man's head off with your hand could traumatize them for life. Davina please keep him in check."she urges.
Davina then kissed Kol on the cheek. Everyone accepts Freya's plan.