Chapter Seven

Josie Pov:
I wake up during the night to Hope's breathing. She starts to hyperventilate and her muscles are tensed. I move my arm up so it overlaps hers, and entwine our fingers. I squeeze her close to my body and gently caress her neck.
"It's okay......your safe," I whisper softly into her ear. I don't know if she woke or not, but I feel her muscles relax into me as her breathing slows. I gently brush her hair with my fingers and then allow the top of her head to rest below my neck.

Hope Pov:
I slowly open my eyes and am almost blinded by how bright the sun is today - even the curtains can't keep it away. Josie is still asleep, her head nestled into the back of my neck as her arm is enclosed tightly around my stomach. I carefully unwrap myself from the safety of her, making sure to return the covers I moved so she doesn't get cold. I look at my watch only to realise it's 12pm already. We slept in alot. I had the best nights sleep I've had in an long time. I go over to the curtains to open them- although... like there is any point considering all the light is shining through them anyway. To my right I see a painting of a tree Jo has clearly attempted to do. It's cute. I smile. There are no lessons today thankfully so I get to spend the whole day with her. Well what's left of it anyway. I leave her to rest for awhile as she is clearly very tired - her position now in a ball hugging her knees. I quietly open the door and move out along the hallway. There aren't many people out of their dorms on a weekend but I feel like the people who are, are looking at me. Eventhough they most definitely aren't. My night with Jo was perfect, I feel so safe around her - like I can tell her anything. I wanted to do something nice for her considering all the things she's done for me, so I make my way down to the school kitchen to cook her something for breakfast/ lunch. I scramble some eggs, make some toast excetera excetera... and to really go all out, I make a quick trip to the Mystic Grill and bring back some pastries.

By the time I'm back it's almost 1pm and when I open the door to my room Josie moved positions, her eyes fluttering slightly, about to wake.
"Good morning beautiful," I say as I bring her the food. Her smile a perfect beam of light, illuminating the room.
"Who knew you were such a chef?" she smiles as I set down the tray on her bed.  Her eyes scrunch up as she yawns, I kiss her on her forehead and she giggles softly.
"I guess we all have our hidden talents,"I tease while looking over to her painting and grinning.
She puts her head in her hands out of embarassment and then smiles at me to say
"I tried okay, it didn't go quite as planned."....
"I guess I'll just have to teach you sometime then,"I flirt as she gets off the bed and wraps her arms around my neck, those same sparks igniting.
"I guess you will," she whispers closely, her voice sending impulses all throughout my body. Our lips meet briefly until she pulls me in again, a pressure so wildly intense. Her tounge approaches delicately, brushing my top lip as I breathe in sharply. I start to exert the pressure back upon her as I support her head with my hand. She attempts to force her weight back onto my lips, but soon allows me to hold her as currents travel through our bodies. We seperate - both needing to catch our breath. The pulsations remain upon my lips, I kiss her on the cheek.
"Come on," I say "let's eat."

Josie Pov:
Me and Hope sit on her bed attempting to finish all the food she's made. Her kiss remains prominent in my head. I only just realise the time. I've clearly slept in alot as it's half one in the after noon.
"What do you want to do today then?" I ask, honestly I'd be happy just sitting with her here but It's such a nice day out and I feel the urge to do something exciting.
"Why what do you have in mind?" Hope asks me, slightly concerned as to what I'm about to say. It's really hot today and I feel myself wanting to do something fun so I ask,
"Do you want to go for a hike," she looks very displeased, "there is a small lake toward the end of the trail and we can go swimming in it?" Hope looks like she's considering it.
"Sure...okay," she says, I can see in her eyes that she was just doing it to make me happy but I was grateful anyway.

Hope Pov:
Josie asked me to go on a hike, and while I'm all for being outside in nature, I'm so tired today. However her face smiled at me excited and I didn't want that expression to ever leave her face so I accepted. Josie left to go and pack a few things for the hike and I was in my room trying to find a rucksack when Lizzie walks in with a suspicious look pasted across her face.
"So," she starts, "you and Josie have been spending alot of time together recently. Anything you'd care to confide to me about?" She insinuates. It's not that I didn't want Lizzie to know, it's just that me and Josie don't quite know what we are yet and in any circumstance it should be her that tells her sister, not me.
"No, not really. I guess we just like hanging out together," I try to say acting nonchalant but Lizzie can see through everybody.
"Sure,"she says passive aggressively. I watch as she paces around my room, eyeing the painting Josie did, and the tray of half eaten food on the bedside table.
She slowly starts to walk out but turns to look at me and says in a very serious but kind voice.
"Look... whatever is going on between you two, just make sure you don't hurt her. I like you better than any of her other ex's but that probably also means she does likes you alot aswell. I've seen her open her heart so many times and be constantly let down so if you are in with her. You are all in or you leave now, " she makes a quick exit from the room when she hears Josie's footsteps from the end of the hall. I'm all in or I'm out. I think about it, what being all in means. I wonder if it's the right thing? Then she walks into my room. Her face radiating peace and happiness, her kind eyes so.. perfect. A confused look grows upon her face as I longingly smile at her.

Yes...I'm all in, I think. I'm all in.

                            ******

Sorry this is a very short chapter but I wanted to update with something. Hope you enjoy <3