Chapter Sixteen

Josie Pov:
I wake up trapped in the warmth of Hope's arms. We must have fallen asleep. I manage to turn so I am facing her, her arms pull my body in closer as a crinkle appears between her eyebrows. I place my lips on the indent before her eyes open happily- staring lovingly back at me. She guides my body closer to her and nestles her head into my neck.
"I want to stay like this forever," she says under her breath, I smile and kiss the top of her head as she continues, "no responsibilities, no danger, no family. Just you. All I want is you,"
She releases her hold on me and pushes herself up the bed so her lips can reach mine.
"And though I would enjoy nothing more...," I reply sympathetically, "we do have lessons today. Although I doubt many students are attending because of.....ya know,"
I find myself become struck with fear once again at the thought of the guns, the men, Hope's limp body in my arms. My gaze averts into my memories as she places her hand below my face.
"Hey," she says empathetically, "you're safe now. You're safe," She tries to comfort me by moving her body closer to mine, her warmth allowing a sanctuary for my thoughts.
I wasn't worried about myself, I was worried about her.

Hope Pov:
I look toward Josie. Her perfect face radiating an emotion that worried me. She was scared. All I wanted was her safety and it kills me that I didn't previously enforce that well enough. Everything I felt for her: my love, my admiration, my desire. I felt this more. It was as if someone had made a new emotion and amplified it, like my love for her was undescribable, and eternal. I dont ever want to leave her side again. Not after. What happened.
Josie comforts into my body.
I remember Roman. His hurt. Was that the end of it? Will he come back? Hurt me more? He was right. I should've just become the full tribrid as soon as I knew. I should've stopped all the heartbreak. This was all my fault. Again.
"What are you thinking about," Josie asks tiredly as her face chin tilts up to see my face. I fear that expressing my emotions to her about this will make her worry. I will tell her some other time.
"Oh nothing, just about how having your mom as the new headmaster is going to be interesting," I say with a smile.
"Oh yeah," she laughs, "I forgot about that.....Come on," she says as she releases herself from the bed and pulls my arm with her, "we better not give a bad impression the first day my mom is running the school,"
I laugh too before she leaves my room to get changed. My room feels so empty without her. I fear for her safety when she isn't with me.
So far, my tribrid abilities haven't felt so different. My emotions feel fuller, more bold. The world seems brighter and ...obviously there is this hunger in me. Constantly. I fear my new strength will overload my powers making me .. dangerous. I dont ever want to be like that. I don't want Josie to see me as a monster.
Before leaving my dorm, I take some of the Salvatore vampire blood bags. Thankfully, with the new head master, all the food is now of human origin- so it can satisfy me.
As I drink, it's cool touch hits my toungue...completing me. It ripples down my throat, easing the sharp pain and filling my mind with... enjoyment. I yearned for more of the addictive liquid. It's scent igniting: want....desire.

I'm ashamed of what I've become.

Josie Pov:
I haven't entered my room since the incident. My mind flashed back to the fear. To Pedro's tears. To my own. I take a deep breath, the air filling my lungs until no more can enter. I want Hope with me. I want her touch. Her voice. Her everything. I feel she still hasn't quite opened up to me about her activating her vampire side. But I see it when she looks at me. She's scared.

Sorry for short chapter but I wanted to give u something. I've been back at school and have gcses soon so have been revising. But I will continue to update as much as I can.