Chapter Two

Josie Pov:
I lay awake in my bed. It's the first time I haven't stayed with Hope at night. Dad says I 'need some proper rest' or some other crap, so I obliged to make him feel happier. I stared at the ceiling, thinking.
Freya was supposed to be here tomorrow and by then, if all goes well ,maybe Hope could come back to us. I just pray she's not still in pain. I don't think I could handle her in more pain. She's already gone through so much - I dread to think she has to go through more because of me. Guilt washes over me as I try to sleep. I keep dosing on and off but eventually just give up. The whole school is quiet right now, it feels almost - peaceful. I quietly open my door and tiptoe down to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water until I am greeted by Mg. He is sat upon the kitchen counter, his head rested on the cupboard.
"Mg," I whisper, it's too dark to tell if he is awake or not so I don't want to wake him if he's asleep. His head props up quickly- I clearly just woke him up.
"What are you doing sleeping down here?" I ask rather worried and then go to switch the light on. Mine and his eyes both squint for a long while before he says "I couldnt sleep, I was worried about Hope."

He jumps quietly off the kitchen counter and gives me a look as if to ask me the exact question I just asked him.
"Me too," I say and avert my eyes to the floor so he can't notice the oncoming tears approach my eyes. It's too late. At this point I am bawling my eyes out and he quickly wraps his arms around me as I place my head on his shoulder- deffinately dampening his pajamas.
"Hey, hey don't worry Jo - Hope will be okay. She's one of the strongest people I know alright," he soothes as I look up at him embarrassed at what just happened but I feel I might aswell just express all my emotions now.
"It's just i-its my fault," I say holding back another ocean of tears.
"No, no Jo I don't want to ever hear you say that. You didn't know what or how Clarke was manipulating you, and you were overcome by so much dark magic that no one would've been able to handle it, okay?" He looks to my face for some sort of relief but finds none so continues,
"You are not to blame for this and point me towards anyone who thinks you are... I'll eat em," he smiles when he sees me give a short laugh and squeezes me in for a final short hug.
We both walk upstairs after I got a drink of water, he offers to walk me to my room but I tell him it's okay. I have somewhere else to be.

Hope Pov:
I am lay completely still on the darkness of the floor. The tears have stopped, I feel I am unable to cry I'm that tired. The soothing voice has gone away and all I hear is pain. I stare above me seeing nothing but an endless abyss of blackness. I've grown numb to the memories, I am too tired to care. The exhaustion fills my whole body but my mind renders me unable to sleep. I feel as though I am in a trance with a constant never ending loop of misery to keep me company. So all I can do is just lie here while my happiness is slowly taken away.

Josie Pov:
I try to open the door into Hope's room. Of course my dad has asked one of the witches to cast a spell on it so I can't enter. I immediately siphon it unbothered by the fact my dad will know I was in here. I step into the room and close the door behind me. She looks the same as always. A sleeping beauty of sorts. When I place my hand upon hers however, she feels alot warmer than usual- like she did when she was in pain, only this time she wasn't shaking. I grab the small stool she uses when she does art and place it by her bed , sitting on it as I refrain from crying again.
"Hey Hope," I start "I just wanted to let you know that your aunt is coming tomorrow, and that we all urm.. we all, really miss you. It's been hard without you here. Oh and also Lizzie asked if she can borrow your shoes and I think she just took them anyway knowing her," I go on. I tell her stories of what has happened during the day. And feel myself growing more and more tired. Eventually I close my eyes and find myself asleep.

Hope Pov:
Her voice is back. Happiness grows within me. I don't really understand much of what she is saying. She seems to be rambling on about something or other but I'm glad the voice is here. I feel the exhaustion take over as I close my eyes and drift away to sleep.

Josie Pov:
"And who is this?" I hear a woman's voice say as my eyes shot open and my head sprints up to stare at her. I'd recognize her face anywhere, she is legendary. Then I realize I have just been asleep with my head on her nieces stomach - my face heats to a burning red. I fumble away from Hope rather clumsily and go to greet her. My dad is stood behind her not looking impressed.
"Oh hi, Mrs Mikealson sorry about that urm I-I'm Josette Saltzman..Josie," I say rather nervous as to her reaction.
"Ah you're Josie. Don't worry, I've heard alot about you and please, call me Freya," she replied very kindly. I felt my face blush at the fact she'd heard of me - I hope it wasn't bad things.
"Josie why don't you go downstairs and see if there is anything you can do," Dad  says acting very polite but he is clearly mad and wants me out of her room.
"Actually Alaric I'm going to need Josie here with me but if you can go and get me these from your garden," she practically ordered. I couldn't help but smile as my dad begrudgingly left the room. Hope's aunt walked over to her niece and placed a kiss on her forehead.
"Don't worry my dear, you will be back here soon," she told her.
"So do you know what's wrong with her," I ask surprisingly confidently considering she's an extremely powerful mikealson.

"I fear when Hope entered your mind to free you of your demons, she did not follow you back and instead, got stuck inside her own mind," she stated. She was very considerate about my dark Josie incident and didn't seem to judge me which I found quite comforting. However knowing Hope is currently trapped inside her own mind did not give me any sort of relief. All I wanted was her back here and safe.
"So how do you get her out, and what do I need to be here for, and what did my dad go to get?" I asked panicking slightly that might have come across as rude.
"You ask alot of questions little witch. I need to perform a simple spell that returns her conscious mind back with us, it's not very dangerous and can be done pretty quickly. It will however take a huge mental strain for Hope to return to the real world after living in her memories for almost 3 weeks, so I need you here to be a sort of emotional anchor when she wakes up. And as for your dad I sent him away because I didn't think Hope seeing him would be very beneficial when she's in this state. Does that answer your questions?" She seemed very calm considering I seemed quite rude but I was curious..
"Why am I the emotional anchor?"

"Hope has known you a very long time I know she cares about you a great deal. And seen as I walked in on you asleep on her stomach, I'm assuming you too share that same level of care towards her," she said with a slight laugh. I nodded indicating I understood her point and sat down next to Hope, her hand tightly enclosed in mine.

Freya opened her spell book ushering lots of magical words; some I had heard of in classes and some that I just assumed were too complex for me to ever understand. Freya's hand directed away from her book, her palm facing Hope's direction. With a huge force of might she incanted the last line of the spell. We waited for a few minutes and she then said she must continue on with a different spell to do with Hope outside: something to do with making sure her subconscious memories aren't taken or something, I didn't really understand and was barely listening as I was too impatient, but she told me to get her if she didn't wake in the next 5 minutes. With that she abruptly left the room.

I stayed holding the sleeping girls hand, preparing. It was at that moment her eyes shot open.

Hey I hope you like chapter 2. I will continue on to chapter three probably in the next xouple of days however I do have exams and need to revise haha.