2: Get That Boombox

**Sexual jokes and references (although lightly and barely noticeable to some) will be mentioned in this chapter. If you are underage please proceed with caution if you wish**

"Nezuko! Nezukooooooo!" Aoi called my name from down the road as she and Muichiro came chasing after me. "Wait up!!"I stopped so they could catch up to me as they ran.

"Backpack," Tokito pointed at my backpack once they caught up.

"Yep! I see Aoi got hers too," I said pointing at my friend's backpack that I gave her to choose from when she came over last night after dinner.

"Hell yeah! Now let's go before your doofus brother starts getting upset at us," Aoi chimed.

"I'M NOT A DOOFUS!!" Tanjiro shouted.

"Sure you aren't. Sure," she replied while patting his shoulder. She turned back to us with a determined look. "Now let's go and break some shit."

"Umm..." Muichiro and I started.

"C'mon!" Aoi started racing down towards the school which made us have to chase after her now.

Once we finally caught up Tanjiro started asking her questions. "Aoi, isn't this your second year? Why are you so excited?"

"Because, you doofus, Nezuko and Muichiro are finally starting high school with us too! Why aren't you excited?"

"Uhh..."

"Bad side of it? Not counting Kanao of course," she replied with a smirk. "You two are the top couple for the 2nd years last year! No doubt you will still hold the title for 3rd years. Everybody knows about you two!"

"W-what?!"

"Yeah I should've said the top couple of the entire school. Top ten at least."

"The fuc-"

"Ay no cussing in front of the children, Tanjiro," Aoi continued to tease. "Now c'mon so we can kick some ass."

"No fighting, Aoi!"

"Eh I wouldn't call it fighting. Only if they start it first."

As we went down the final hill to our school, the two kept on going back and forth between each other. Inside I laughed to myself but as we neared the school I felt my heart pound in my chest.

My social anxiety would always skyrocket on the first days of school and this school is bigger than any of my previous schools. More people, more noise, more anxiety...

Sweat started to drip down my back as I started seeing all the people that were there entering inside the building. No way did I want to go in there. No way! No-

"Hey." I felt Muichiro's shoulder gently hit mine. He stared at me while I was standing frozen in my spot. He knew what was happening so while Aoi and Tanjiro still continued, he wanted for me to start breathing normally.

"Remember you got us. Give the teachers the note, too." I had a note about my anxiety and selective mutism that I would give them so they would hopefully understand or get the idea.

"O-okay..." I started while I was getting better. "You're right.." I managed to break out a smile I gave my friend before we went to catch up to the others.

This was gonna be some ride today.

***

"TANJIROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" The minute we walked onto the school's campus, my brother was swarmed by his friends and classmates.

"Yo how come you never came to my party?! Didn't you receive an invite?" Some random guy came up to Tanjiro and started talking.

"Yeah I did."

"How come you didn't come then? The girls there were finnnnnne and man weere they hot. They got the bo-"

"I got a girlfriend and I was spending the day with her. I wasn't gonna go because of other girls ;-;"

"Damn man. What you missed out on..."

". . ." he started at the guy blankly. "Yeah I'm glad I missed out on that."

"You a virgin?"

"HECK YEAH I'M A VIRGIN!! ARE YOU NOT?!?!" The guy slowly walked out if the circle of people once Tanjiro asked him.

More people just kept on coming and going when they saw Tanjiro. I never knew he was the popular type.

"Is it true that you got a sister?"

"Are you and Kanao still together?!"

"How come you never visited me?"

"Tanjiro wanna go out~?"

"Tanjiro did you finally get Kanao to-"

"Leave the poor man alone, geez," someone from the back said. "He got class too ya know." Two more guys came pushing through the crowd and stood by his side.

"And to those of you who wanna date him, fuck off because he's taken. Something a lot of you won't be able to achieve."

A yellow haired boy and a guy with to shoulder-length hair with bottom blue highlights.

"Now, now, I best advise you to leave him alone right now unless you want to see if you can survive a harsh beating," one said.

"Inosuke..." I heard my brother whisper.

"Nah it's fine. I didn't train all during break for nothing," he replied while pounding a fist in his open palm.

"Fine we'll leave," they crowd up and left after that guy threatened them. Must be the real deal if they didn't think twice about it.

After they all left I realized how hard I was trying to hold in my breath. I let it out a long sigh of relief. Now that they were gone-

"Hey! You three!" We were turning away to walk to class when one of the boys called to us. "You want a beating?!"

"INOSUKE!! THAT'S MY SISTER!"

"Ohhhhh....does she want-"

"DON'T BEAT HER UP!? DON'T BEAT ANY OF THOSE THREE UP!"

"Fine," he said with a tone of annoyance. "But if I can't-"

"Spar me and Zenitsu later today. It'll be good for our training and so you can get out whatever you're bottling up."

"Wait why drag me into this?" the yellow haired shouted.

"C'mon, you just told an entire large group of people to fuck off. Are you afraid of a challenge?" Tanjiro told him.

"It's not that! Inosuke is just crazy though!"

"I'm not crazy!!?"

"Yeah you are. Especially when we spar/"

"You-"

"Stop. Just stop you two." Now Tanjiro looked like the one who was annoyed. "We're sparring after school today. Deal?"

"Yeah..." they both said in unison.

"Great! Now let's go to class," my brother's smile was back as he spoke. His arms wrapped around the two who I assumed were his close friends.

Inosuke and Zenitsu....

Why did Zenitsu have to be here? Maybe he isn't bad at all. Tanjiro was right. Maybe it was just that morning that he seemed rude to me was because they were both exhausted.

"You coming Nezuko?" Aoi called out to me as she and Tokito were walking away. I didn't answer except my head nod and quickly followed my two friends.

Please let the rest of the day be nothing special, but the more I say that the more I know I should stop because it'll turn out the opposite.