11: Bruised

Shorter chapter today, focusing more on Sanemi. Sorry not sorry ヾ(・ω・*)ノ
*3rd person point of view*

It's been two weeks since Kanae had passed away. Shinobu was discharged from the hospital, regaining consciousness, but after a week of her sister's death. Code Blue was called upon both, Kanae's right after Shinobu 's call, but the doctors had only found the younger sister savable.

As she started dying, her heart was giving out and her breathing was uncontrollable. She started sweating cold sweat that dripped down her back until everything stopped. Her heart was no longer beating. Her breaths were no more. Kanae's body had laid cold and dead in the hospital bed.

As she was dying her eyes had opened up slowly and only a little, but that didn't stop her smile from coming through. Her eyes caught her fiancé's and both knew what each other was saying even though not even a word was spoken. Both were greatly saddened as it felt like they were both leaving each other, not just one leaving, but they silently made a promise that they might see each other again. Whether that was in their afterlife or reincarnation, they were going to, no doubt about it.

"Goodbye..." he had whispered before walking out of the building and towards the place that they were going to make their home once they were married. Except now, it wouldn't be theirs and never will be.

Maybe the next people who would buy this place will like it...he thought. It's a nice place afterall. He took a deep breath while taking in the still scene.

Yeah, that was going to be their place but now it could never be. Because one was now gone whole the other was stuck without her. He could try thinking about still living there but inside he knew he didn't have to. Living there without his fiancé/supposed-to-be wife would be unimaginable.

A quiet tear streamed down his face as he thought of all this. Sanemi took one last look at the place before turning back to walk to his own place. Still, with every step his heart continued to break more and more. A new emptiness filled him up with the lost of the person he loved most in the world. And she still is that person...

Memories that the two spent together up until today came flooding through. Back when they first met in junior high, when his erratic behavior always got him trouble while she seemed to be the one who got him out of it or helped him. In high school when they both felt strong together, like they could do anything.

They lit up each other's worlds and life separated they couldn't even think of. Then later on they started dating and then soon before they knew it, they were going to get married. You could call that the happiest day of their life. Both had smiles so brightly and so wide that they were almost incapable of feeling any emotion besides joy. Everything went so well for the rest of the time.

Until she got shot.

Kanae and a group of people, including Sanemi, her sister and her sister's boyfriend were all together. The four were walking down the street, heading home, when gunshots were being fired. Instead of running, they followed the sound of the gun.

Trying to save everyone they forgot to save themselves. While the rest were missed, Kanae wasn't safe anymore. A shot pierced through her to which she collapsed by.

Even though that was the only person left, the one who fired the gun, they still managed to hurt someone even though they were turned in the next hour.

Blood painted the floor as they tried rushing Kanae to the hospital but as they got there they knew it would be a while. Due to the type of bullet, as they found out it was coated with posions, Kanae fell ill and was unable to recover.

A few days before her death they talked about moving her to the ICU but it was 100% full and she died before they could even move her.

Now, a cold chill ran down Sanemi's spine as she sat above her gravestone were she laid buried. All these memories, good and tragic, filled his head, unable to get them out.

It was all gloomy and cold that day as it has been for the last three days. It never changed but maybe that's what he wanted. The weather didn't change his mood but it felt like someone else understood him, too and his energetic self and mood changes.

"I'll marry you, still. Even if-" he remembered himself telling her that because even though she was dying he would be with her until the end. Sanemi stayed with Kanae every day and only stepped out when the doctors and nurses forced him to. Otherwise, he'd always be by her side.

"No...I wouldn't want you to hurt anymore," she had said. But he didn't want to tell her that it hurts more knowing that they wouldn't be able to marry like they had both wanted.

For a few more minutes he stayed there silently, remaining in his thoughts.

"I love you, Kanae. And I always will." And finally, after he said his final words, someone came up unexpectedly behind him. They walked up to him...

And shot him dead.