7: Turning Sideways

**This chapter will be in 3rd person view. Will Contain mild hospital triggers to some**

A/N: sometimes I wonder...what the heck am I doing up in the middle of the night right now? Reading webtoon, writing chapters, hiding from my mom... not really hiding from her though. She knows where I live. My room.

But still, why the heck do I stay up until late early morning ;-; it's cool and all but the days you have to wake up early I wanna sleep early but daily life of an Insomniac.

Now at this point in this short ramble I'm wondering "why the heck did I decide to do this tiny ramble before this chapter?' answer: no idea. But ayo look at me still doing it. Wahoo?? Yahoo!! (Please why the hell did I say that =_- I'm starting to realize I'm like this in the middle of the night).

Anyways what you're about to read right now (if I didn't scare you off by now ;-;) is a mixture of what I wrote at 12-4 am and what I wrote at regular morning hours. Yeah... hopefully it's not too bad. Ouch I think I'm hungry though ;-; what a rarity

If you looked out at the school across the street, you'd see a regular high school. Conversations topics vary, you might guess. Different emotions being felt from all of them. Well, that wasn't far from the truth.

"She said she'll be my friend..." one boy said who stood outside on the campus still, wearing a bright smile. For ones like him, he was feeling happiness.

Others weren't so lucky.

"C'MON THOUGH!! YOU SAID WE COULD SPAR!!" Someone shouted at his friend.

"You know it's an emergency!! Plus Zenitsu is still here to spar with you! Don't count him out!"

"Fine..."

Tear drops fell from another's face as she walked with a group of people towards a place she didn't want to be but she wanted to because she needed to.

Her friend wrapped her arm around her as the others all tried to stay strong although they were soon betrayed by their own facial expressions.

As one boy ran over to meet his friend in the sparring room...

"Alright Inosuke. Let's do this."

"Ha! Show me what you got," he dared.

...a group of people set off in another direction.

"Kanae?" Kanao called out to her sister even though she wasn't expecting a response nor did she get one.

"Hey guys," Shinobu greeted them as they entered in the room. A man about her age stood behind her with his right hand rubbing her shoulder.

"Giyu?!" Kanao said in a loud, hushed whisper. "You finally came out from hiding??" But Giyu only stared back.

"Huh-?" he started but never finished.

"Hey Giyu," Aoi waved behind the group towards Shinobu's boyfriend. "How ya been?"

"Tired," he replied. "But good I guess." He never was really one to show a lot of emotion, yet The Butterfly, which is the nickname Shinobu was given, still fell for him. The feeling was mutual it appeared to be.

"How is she?" Tanjiro walked up to the front of the bed and the rest of them came up too.

"They're taking her to the ICU tomorrow. I'll be surprised if they don't," Sanemi informed them.

Even he, who was always so full of energy and spirit, looked so solemn while still watching his fiancé lay on her deathbed.

If you were in the hospital, what would you do while watching someone you loved or cared for lay their on their bed? There was nothing you could do about it and that could cause some to put the blame on themselves.

"I'm sorry..." Sanemi told her. "I'm so damn fucking sorry." No one ever really heard him apologize to anyone before but whenever they saw him with Kanae, he was like an almost different person.

***

"How was school, Nez?" Once they all left the hospital they went their separate ways except for Sanemi, who of course, refused to leave her side. Shinobu and Giyu went home with Kanao and Aoi after staying back for an extra half hour more than Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Tokito were able to stay.

"Good! Kind of boring though..."

"Classes?" he asked her in which she gave a slight nod while smiling.

"Oh!" she remembered what had happened before she met up with the rest of the group before they headed out. "I- I made a friend today," she said, smiling.

"That's amazing sis! Who is it?"

"Zenitsu!"

"Ah..." he said to himself while finding himself lost in thought.

"What's up?" Nezuko asked him after he sat at the dinner table still not having changed facial expressions or talked a bit.

"What he say?"

"Tanjiro!" she shouted at hr brother. "He just asked if we could be friends. I said yes." Still, there was no way that he could be upset at her.

"Overprotective..." The words his friends joked around with him earlier that day rang in his head. Then it made him annoyed even if he didn't want to say it but at that moment he could care less and laughed to himself instead.

"I'm just messing with ya, Nez!" He laughed while rubbing his sister's head. "C'mon, school starts early tomorrow like usual," Tanjiro told her while picking up his plate and heading to clean it.

"Okay!"

**The next day**

"Did you see that girl yesterday?"

"The first year? With Zenitsu?"

"What's that dick doing with a 1st year like her?"

"I heard she has mutism."

"You fool! It's probably just selective and not the full blown."

"What caused it?"

"I don't know. Probably abuse."

"Nah I'm betting on murder."

"Car accident I'm telling you!"

"What are you talking about?" A 3rd year came up from behind a group of her friends while they were focused on talking about Nezuko and Zenitsu from when they saw them yesterday.

"We saw a first year hanging out with Zenitsu yesterday," one informed her.

"Oh really? Show me," she demanded in which her friend pulled up his phone for her to see the picture.

"Ah that bitch..."

**Sorry for only one chapter out today ._. tomorrow will be 2-3 releases hopefully!

Anyways, I'm hoping this story isn't turning out like crap ;-; trust me, it'll be (hopefully to some) more exciting as it goes on starting tomorrow's new chapters.**