9: Happy Moments, Sad Days

**This part belongs to Zenitsu**

"W-wha-?!" The class was already starting to empty as I looked frantically around for any hint of who might've left a note on my desk. But no one gave any hint. Then again, I didn't know when they left it on there. Maybe it was right as I left or right before I got back. 

It wasn't the note itself that felt like it was giving me pre-anxiety, it was what was written inside of it instead. It read: 

If you don't want her to get hurt, stop talking to her. Don't let her or yourself be happy around each other or else she'll get hurt. If that's not enough then we'll make sure she gets killed. That bitch already pisses me off as it is so neither of you should make a wrong because if you do then it might not just be her who gets harmed. 

<3 

As I reached the end of the letter I had a solid idea of who might've written it. Actually, I did know because there was only one other person who would have written something like this. I wanted to just go and head straight out to confront her about this but I knew better than to do that. If I did that right now, who knows what could happen?

But who knows what would happen if I don't-?

I tried to avoid thinking about that though. "Damn you..." I muttered under my breath. "If only it weren't for you then none of this would have happened. If only I never met you my life wouldn't be filled with despair-"

"Onii-chan!" Her voice. It was her voice that broke me from that short chain of thought as I caught sight of her hair flowing behind her as she ran towards her brother. "How was school?" Nezuko always seemed so happy, I wouldn't want to ruin that for anyone. Especially not for her. 

Taking a deep breath, I crumbled the paper in my hand and shoved it in my pocket. "You're gonna regret doing this," I said to myself while silent cursing my ex.

*About a year and a half ago*

"You always get the girls! It's not fair!" I remember whining to Tanjiro about how he always used to have girlfriend after girlfriend. "What's even worse is that your personality isn't like all those other guys who do the same!"

"WHAT ABOUT ME?!" Inosuke had jumped outta nowhere. 

"Eh no one cares!"

"WHAT?! SU-"

"No."

"I-"

"Anyways," Tanjiro interrupted. "I told you I'm not gonna have a girlfriend after another every time!"

"Wanna bet?" I dared him, which might've been the greatest mistake ever. So great that I completely forgot what we betted on.

Oh right! Nothing. 

"Sure. I love Kanao and I'm really happy with her. I wouldn't break up with her unless she wanted to break up with me. Plus, there's no way I'm leaving her for someone else." 

"Wow how heart-touching." The three of us were walking down the school hallways as we talked. It was mostly empty since school let out about ten to fifteen minutes ago. "Ah I wish I could have a relationship like you and Kanao."

"Didn't you like that dumbass's daughter? That shitty business brat?" Insouke asked me.

"S-she's not a brat! And I don't actually know if she likes me or not. O-our families are just in a contract right now so they're working together. I- I just see her a lot and-" At that time I could never control the blush that came to my face whenever I had thought of her. Plus, I knew we liked me as well. 

"Yeahhh...." they lead on. 

"You won't ever have enough courage to-"

"I'm gonna ask her out!" It was pretty quick in the moment to randomly sprout that out but I was filled with sudden excitement. That was the time when I decided to suddenly it even took me by shock.

"Wha-"

"I'll do it! Right now even!"

"Ha! I bet you won't be able to."

"Watch me," I said. I raced down the hall, leaving the two behind, to the classroom I hoped she would be in, knowing that she usually stays back after school is over to help. I was thankful that there was hardly anyone around so it made my trip a lot faster and easier.

When I had finally arrived I felt out of breath due to running from across the school (I was very out of shape) I took a look inside the science lab and like I had hoped, she was there. I crept up to the door and knocked so I wouldn't scare her. 

"H-hey..."

*present day*

I angrily held the crumbled paper that stayed in my pocket as I walked home alone. My friends had asked me if I had wanted to go somewhere with them but I had told them no. It wasn't that I didn't want to go, but I just needed to think about some things.

"I'm home," I called out once I unlocked my door and walked inside, tossing my backpack to the left. My shoes were kicked off as I entered in before I went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack. As usual, my house was quiet. Then again, that's what happened when you live alone. 

My heavy sighs filled the empty room as I went back to where I threw my backpack and brought it up to my room. Maybe homework would keep my mind off of things...?

But it was so use. I was always brought back to the same moment, to the same thought. I couldn't get my mind off of that note, off of Nezuko, off of anything. And the next two weeks just proved how much I tried, nothing would work. Whether I tried or not. 

Over the two weeks that came and passed, an unsettling feeling kept on lingering in the pit of my stomach. This may have been something that I should have kept to myself but it didn't change the fact that I wanted, needed, to desperately tell someone about. The only reason why I wasn't was because I was afraid that someone would find out and harm that person as well like they threatened to do with Nezuko.

Although, I guess I had didn't have to wait long to find out.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" It was a rare sight to see him so upset, mad even, so i instantly knew what it meant.

"Look! I swear this wasn't my fault!"

"I KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT BUT WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING ABOU-"

"DON'T YOU THINK I'VE TRIED!?! IF IT WERE FREELY IN MY WILL I WOULD'VE CHASED THE BITCH DOWN TO SAVE YOUR SISTER FROM THEM OR SOMETHING!!!"

"Show me the note."  We both knew how she worked and notes were the main way. So it was obvious to him that she'd have one.

I digged into my pocket and pulled out the crumpled piece of paper. Tanjiro took it from my hand and started reading it slowly and carefully.

"She's at it again, huh?"

"Yeah it seems like it..." I wanted to ask something but I knew that if I did I'd need to be careful but I did it anyways. "What did they already do to her?"

Sorry for not updating. Something occurred so I was forced to go into another immediate hiatus but I have returned.