14: I Want To Be Dreaming

Previously...(because it's been a while)

"Now let the fun begin." With the backpack close by she pulled out the noose she'd been keeping. Nezuko's eyes at the sight of it went wide with fear when she saw what it was. "Originally this was supposed to be for me but now you get to use it. Mine was nothing but a failed attempt but yours gets to be a reality," she said with that same smile as before. "Be proud that you get to use something that belonged to me. Actually, you helped a lot by moving away and making the bullet hit your shoulder. My job suddenly became easier." Heavy regret suddenly filled inside Nezuko when she said that.

Even though she wanted to fight still, she began to wonder what else there was to fight for. Her brother wasn't coming and even though she wasn't sure if he was silently killed or not, he hadn't came through that door so that meant something had already happened to him.

The insane one pulled Nezuko's arms behind her back to which to her enjoyment she let out another loud scream in pain. Sweat began running down Nezuko's face and neck from a mixture of pain and fear from her attacker. Her hands were trembling and shaking as she was being tied up but no matter what tricks she tried nothing ever worked. It was useless to go against this girl. Tears were the next thing to come rushing out at the memory of her brother and how she'd never be able to see him again. It was the last time now.

Nezuko sat on the ground crying, sitting in fear and pain as her executioner laid out the set-up. "Funny how your life can change or end in not even an hour, right? We usually learn that the hard way..." the girl spoke from above as she finished tying up the noose. "Also, word of advice, don't try and struggle out of this. It only makes everything worse." For a moment this girl almost seemed sincere to her as she spoke until she remembered what she had said before this.

"Originally this was supposed to be for me but now you get to use it. Mine was nothing but a failed attempt but yours gets to be a reality..."

"Be proud that you get to use something that belonged to me."

"I want you to die the way I should've a year ago."

*****

In the wrong way her words could've been played out to be nice but after thinking about it, it never could be in hardly any scenario. Her executioner failed at suicide and now she was going to witness what the pain and fear of being hanged felt like.

"Suck it up, bitch. It's all your fault anyways." Her voice was back to normal, but the tone seemed different ever since she started fixing up the noose. 'Bad memories?' Nezuko thought to herself. That was probably it. Trauma in a way.

Despite her words, while the girl pushed Nezuko up onto the steps she made with furniture, she still tried fighting her off and running away. Her cries yelled out loud and sobs were easy to hear but no one ever came. Then, before she knew it, the feel of a rope laid across her neck softly until she lost touch of the ground and the noose began to choke her.

Nezuko's legs dangled from the noose where her neck laid. She tried to take herself out of it but her bad shoulder just kept on yelping in pain. Her legs then seemed to panic and were swinging left and right out of fear and wanting the feeling of touching the ground.

Oxygen started running away from her as she felt the continuous strain from the noose and she began to cry again. All of this felt like too much for her, and it wasn't her trying to commit suicide. It was someone else killing her, not herself. Desperately she wished she could cry out for help but even if she could talk freely she knew it was near impossible for her to get any words out besides sobs.

'She just reminded me of myself when I first met and fell for you...I guess I was partly trying to save her,' she thought to herself.

The bullet flew at the girl's head but she didn't try to dodge. She was ready to accept which both didn't regret. Blood flew from out her head as her body flopped backwards onto the cold ground. It would take a while for someone to find her body in this place where it was already smelling rotten.

He stopped in his tracks before continuing on and looked back at the corpse. "By the way, Nezuko isn't a demon. The only demon here is you."

For the next week there was a continuous streak of absent and missing people. Zenitsu's ex remained dead in the alleyway, no one daring to pick up the corpse due to the fear of the smell of death. Eventually, they let her body rot even though there were news about her gone "missing".

Blood on his hands, everything from the way he saw the world to the way he heard the world and to how he felt and thought, it all felt different. Running away crossed his mind multiple times, but he never chose to do it. Instead, he brought himself into isolation. He saw himself as a murderer now and no one could've changed his mind about that. His actions spoke out worse than he intended now and those could never be taken back. An entire family, now dead.

Often times, after he fully recovered, Tanjiro would try and ask Zenitsu if he had wanted to come over or to hang out but each time he would decline the offer. Even after Nezuko woke up from her coma (which took about a week) he would refuse to visit. None of them knew that the reason why his ex was missing was because he killed her, not that she ran away after attempted murder.

"Sorry, I have to work today."

"My cousin is visiting."

"I'm not feeling well."

"I got homework to do. Y'know, procrastination."

"I'm really tired so imma head to bed early." Each time he used an excuse the more suspicious his friends got. They didn't question until when they were about to ask him again and saw Zenitsu's mouth open Tanjiro cut him off.

"Zenitsu... what's wrong." But all he could do was look down at his hands and let a few tears fall from his eyes.

"Don't you ever just wish you were dreaming? I....I want to be dreaming."

Sorry for the short chapter!! Next chapters will be long and the end of this story will be coming soon!! (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧ So i suppose look forward to that

Until next time!!