5: Aoi's Cries and Trauma

**WARNING!!: This chapter contains heavy abuse, blood (although not descriptive), trauma, bullying, language, murder, genocide, and mentions self hatred. Please proceed reading with caution if you wish**

**Also a side note, I kinda redid some of Aoi's past but hopefully it all turns out for the best 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I can only hope**

*This chapter belongs to Aoi*

"Aoi?" I heard Shinobu's voice on the other side of the phone call.

"Yeah?"

"Do you...umm, are you able to come to the hospital after school today?" she asked.

"Yeah I was coming afterwards anyways. Why? What's happening?" I asked her while being scared of the answer.

"It's Kanae...she's worse now than ever. They don't know how long she has left anymore." Despite her trying to hide it, you could tell how worried she was for her sister. "C-can you tell Kanao, too? I have to get going right now."

"Sure. I'll text her right now."

"Thanks Aoi. I'll see you later."

"Yeah...see you." I hanged up on the call and put my phone in my backpack after I texted Kanao the same thing Shinobu just told me. 

"DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!!!" I screamed in the empty room to myself. "WHY NOW OUT OF ALL TIMES?! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE FUCKING LIKE THIS?!" 

I never was fond of actually showing my emotions. The only people I would do it in front of was the people I was close to. Everyone else had always made assumptions about me and called me a cold person. I guess, to them yeah I was, but to the people I actually cared about, only they knew everything.

"DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING DIE ON ME, KANAE!!?" I shouted again. I kicked my foot on my desk repeatedly until I decided to just sit down and place my head in my arms.

Why am I taking this so hard right now? We all knew this would happen soon, so why does this feel so shocking?

"Are you okay?" I remember hearing a voice as I laid on the ground. It was my first memory of Shinobu and Kanae. "Shinobu! I found someone!" I had wished my vision wasn't dimming like it was in that moment.

"What's your name?" another voice had asked me but my mouth felt so full of blood that I wasn't able to respond. "Let's take her in. Maybe she'll regain consciousness if we hurry." My body was being lifted up from the ground but I never knew where I was headed until a month later since I was placed in a coma.

That was when I was taken to the Butterfly Estate after my hometown witnessed their genocide. Honestly though, I wasn't sure what was better. My town experiencing it's genocide and my parents dying (dark, I know), or having to live with it all again. My memories of them weren't the happiest though...

"S-STOP IT!!" 

"WHY SHOULD I?! TELL ME WHY I SHOULD FUCKING STOP!"

"SHE'S OUR DAUGHTER! SHE- SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!"

"JUST GET OUT OF MY DAMN FUCKING WAY OR I'LL HURT YOU TOO!" Sometimes I saw my mom as a hypocrite. It wasn't only my dad who beat me, sometimes even to the ground or until I bled, but my mom would do the same thing. Still, I wonder if in those moments when she did try to save me maybe she had some regret.

I doubt it though because she would do it the next day.

"WHY ARE YOU SO VIOLENT WITH HER?!!? SHE'S ONLY SIX YEARS OLD!"

"WELL THEN TEACH HER HOW TO BE BETTER BECAUSE RIGHT NOW SHE'S PATHETIC!!" There was nothing I could ever do but cry when that happens especially when the pain was worse. It didn't do anything though for me and sometimes only made it worse.