12: What's Done Is Done

*This chapter consists of some violence and possibly language that may be upsetting or triggering to some (。_。) idk you can see for yourself*

No matter how much time had passed, nothing was ever the same. Not just due to deaths that kept on coming but also what was being done to those still alive. No one's situation got better no matter how much they tried to make it happen.

Two months have past and everyone was making little to no progress on their lives. Except for small victories that almost each of them claimed.

"Tanjiro!" Zenitsu's voice was heard through the crowd of people rushing through to their classes. "Tanj-"

"I'm right here ;-; " Tanjiro appeared suddenly behind Zenitsu from out of nowhere.

"WHA-" he got suddenly scared and jumped back which almost caused him to crash into someone. Thankfully, that guy didn't seem to notice. "DON'T SNEAK UP ON ME LIKE THAT!! YOU KNOW MY HEARING GET OVERWHELMED WITH THIS MANY PEOPLE IN A TINY AREA!"

"Yep ;-; so...why did you need me?" he asked.

"Oh! Uhh-" he paused for a moment, rethinking what he was planning on saying. Should it be okay to tell him of all people?

"C'mon man," Tanjiro teased jokingly. "Spit it out before Inosuke comes."

"Hmm...okay..." Zenitsu could feel his friend's gaze upon him. He couldn't hide from Tanjiro no matter how hard he tried. It was just like that vise versa!

"It has to do with Nezuko, doesn't it?" he asked lowly while raising his eyebrow.

"Y-yeah..."

"Alright..."

Before he could response to anything, Zenitsu took a deep breath and then rambled out his answer. "Pleaseletmetakeheroutonadateorsomething,anythingbutonlyifyouandherbothagreealrightthanksandbye!"
Translation: Please let me take her out on a date or something, anything but only if you and her both agree. Alright thanks and bye

And right as Tanjiro was about to answer, Zenitsu dashed down the crowded halls and avoided Tanjiro for the rest of the day, including Nezuko.

Every time he saw either, he'd get scared and try to run away although he couldn't hide from Nezuko once. To be fair, it was Muichiro who found him around the corner.

Aoi and Nezuko were passing by for lunch with Muichiro coming to meet them up when as he was walking around the corner he caught Zenitsu standing there. "What are you waiting for?"

"GAWD-" he screamed. "Why is my hearing so bad today-"

"If you're gonna ask her out go ask her soon. Aoi and I made a bet already and I need to win. I'm becoming broke."

"A bet...? On what-"

"You."

" ;-; "

"Go ask her out soon or else I'm giving half my money to Aoi."

"You betted actual money on us?!"

"I did. She agreed to give her gaming consoles to me if I win."

"Damn-" He stared at the boy who stood before him. All throughout the school year he realized now that he never saw this guy express much emotion at all.

"I'm ready when you're ready. Don't let me lose my money but I know I won't."

"How can you be so sure?" Zenitsu asked him.

"You were planning on doing it today, as long as you had Tanjiro's permission and you do."

I do? he thought to himself. But before he could say, do, or think anything else he saw that the boy had walked away from him and to his friends. He silently watched them for a moment and thought everything through.

"B-but I walked away before he could say anything..." he muttered to himself. "Dammit I'm so stupid!" Zenitsu thrashed his head started to thrash his head on the wall but only got to once before he was stopped.

"I wish I could sit and watch this all day," Inosuke's voice rang from beside him. "Now can you move dumbass?! I have somewhere to be." He blinked twice before realizing who it was that was talking.

"O-oh sorry..." He watched Inosuke walk away in the same direction as Muichiro had just moments ago. It spiked his curiosity but chose not to think much about it. Right now he wanted to focus on something else he claimed in his mind to be more important.

And possibly, to him, embarrassing. Either way, that didn't stop a smile coming onto his face as he headed back to find Tanjiro.

"Nezuko? Who's that?" A perky voice appeared within a shadow of someone else. "Is this-?"

"Shut up. We're not here for her."

"Then...?"

"This is for everyone. Her, her brother, their "friends"."

"I swear you go too far with the crap," the perky boy said as he let in the light from the streets to illuminate their small hiding area. Once he could see what she had he knew he wanted no part of it. "Seriously, you're going to kill them with one wrong move! See a fucking therapi-"

"What do you fucking mean?" A wild look had suddenly appeared in her eyes. In her left hand she held a pistol that she pressed against the boy's head. "Don't you think I'm sane? I don't need to stupid motherfucker making me come to them to try and fix what's not broken."

Sweat dripped down his head as he knew the pistol was loaded. He knew that she'd load it right as soon as she pinned him to the wall. That's the type of person she was and no matter what he was going to die tonight.

"You're right..." he said, which surprised the girl. She wasn't expecting him to say that. "They can't fix what's not broken because you're already destroyed inside. You're the real fucker here. Nothing can fix you and I regret even talking to you that day during class, too! If I knew you'd be like this to me and so many other people I would've never even thought about it!! I HATE YO-"

*bang*

In that same moment as he spoke, the trigger was pulled. Blood painted the walls and both their bodies. The boy who was once perky and secretly depressed laid there dead. His eyes were rolled to the back of his head with no show of life anywhere. "You're dead, boy."

With not even one last look at him she picked up all her stuff and left. "Such a shame, he could've been a huge help. Well, time to get this done before he comes. Who knows? Maybe it'll be my last night, too..." And with that he headed to her next targets. "Time to kill a demon."

*I'm so sorry for not updating 😓I've had no motivated and tired asf with the usual depression stuff (hate it but woooo) been rough but I'm doing my best to be back in the game >:) Still, not really an excuse for not writing ;-; at least I kinda found a way to work my device now? I think...

Either way, next chapter coming out as soon as it can and sorry that this one probably wasn't that good ;-; I wrote half a while ago and barely completed it today aha...also my writing is just off but hopefully it gets back

I'm rambling again so imma end it here and see y'all soon!*