3: Hey, Hun~

**A mention of suicide later on in this chapter. A few sexual jokes will be made as well although it's only momentarily**

*This chapter belongs to Zenitsu*

"Hey Tanjiro?"

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you introduce us?" I asked. We were walking down the hallway with Tanjiro's arms wrapped around my and Inosuke's shoulders.

"What do you mean?"

"Those girls and that boy."

"Why would I?"

"Zenitsu," Inosuke called my name. "You won't get anywhere if you ask this bastard. One of them is his sister and he's playing the role of the overprotective older brother," he joked.

"I'm not overprotective!"

"Umm yeah you are."

"Nope!"

"You're really sure about that, huh?"

"Well, she's my only family I got left. I'm not overprotective, just really, really, really protective of her."

"So...overprotective?"

"NO! Does she have bubblewrap all around her?!"

"No..."

"Then-"

"You're still overprotective."

"Nope! I refuse to believe that!"

"Oh yeah? Wanna fight it out?"

"I already told you the three of us are sparring after school!"

"Yo! C'mon and stop your bickering! I wanna go get those free cookies in the cafeteria they give! It's not like they're there everyday!" I interrupted the two because, in all honesty, it was getting annoying. And that's coming from me ;-;

"Zenitsu right, Inosuke. We know you love cookies too~" I could hear Inosuke grumble but we couldn't deny it. His stomach did a quiet rumble that betrayed him.

"Man, I can hear your stomach," I told him.

"How did you-"

"Hearing," I reminded him while tapping my right ear. "Never betrays me." 

"Hah! Bet you can't beat me to the cafeteria," Inosuke went again with his dares and challenges. He ignored my previous comment but answered in his own way.

"We'll all see about that." I crossed my arms and looked over at Tanjiro who gave us both a small grin.

"Well, why not?" he said. Without warning or a countdown, we all headed off racing one another. Each one of us wanted to get there first especially since those cookies wouldn't be there for long.

"Hey!" 

"Watch it!"

"No running in the halls!!"

"Those guys are crazy!?"

All around us people started talking about us as we ran by. Who cares though? We were just having some fun and it's not anything terrible unless you're a teacher or another cookie hungry kid.

A wide smile grew on my face that I remember only these two guys could bring on. Every time I have fun racing or getting in a competitive mode with these two, you'll know that smile when you see it or wear it.

My hair brushed past my face and ears since it wasn't that long but it still felt nice as I ran. I blocked all the other sounds out and focused on the one goal we had.