10: Not Enough Time

*mentions of suicides and hauntings*
*This part is 3rd person*

Semi-timeskip
One part of the Zenitsu's letter will be changed but it's like a different part of it unshown

All throughout the night no one was able to sleep. If they did they were awakened quickly by nightmares and sounds of sirens they kept on imagining.

"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real," one had said. She covered up her ears with her hands tightly, trying to make herself believe that whatever was happening wasn't real. "It's all in your head, we're all happy, there is no pain..." But the next thing that came out was soft, gentle sobs.

"Please, I just want her to come home..." she cried into her arms as she sat up instead of lying down. "I just want Kanae to come back with us..."

Another nightmare struck someone else, making it to where he couldn't get a wink of actual sleep all night.

"NEZUKO-!!" Sweat dripped down his neck as he suddenly woke up. "Nezuko-" he whispered this time. "N-no....please no," Zenitsu prayed. "Don't die. Whatever I did, I'm sorry. If that bitch hurts you-" but halfway he broke down, feeling powerless. He felt weak. He felt as if there was nothing he could do even if he tried, that it wouldn't do anything except perhaps make the situation worse. And that's what the situation was.

"DAMMIT!!" He pounded his fists on the floor before turning to the side and picking up the note from last week. Carefully, he reread the line to make out what it said again, hoping he could find a hint that there was a part he missed, a part that he could have gotten wrong.

She'll be put in danger if you keep talking to her. You might be happy but if she gets happy she'll be cut and harmed. See your smile then.

Inside his heart sank. She seemed bothered by him anyways. What would I do to save her? was the question that popped into his head. Nothing. I can't do anything. But even as he tried to convince him of the answer he found himself actually having anxiety at that moment and started to thrash at things in the room. "FUCK IT! IS IT SO BAD TO-" His knees wobbled and he fell down with his hands back to his face. "Forget it...None of this would happen if I was dead." And just like the other girl across town his mind filled him with the imagination of sirens wailing down the street.

It wasn't just these two that experienced that. Several others did, whether it was for themselves or towards someone else. Aoi, Nezuko, Tanjiro, Kanao, Zenitsu, all of them had a similar experience that night. And then there was Shinobu...

"Shinobu..." someone tried to wake her up by gently shaking her. "Shinobu-" He kept shaking her, harder and rougher each time she went unresponsive. "SHINOBU!?" Giyu wasn't one to be in a panic so this was a shock. "C'mon Shinobu, wake up."

Still, no response ever came.

He checked her breathing and heart rate but her breathing was becoming shorter and her heart rate was going up fast. "KANAO! AOI! WAKE UP!" He yelled loudly, trying to make them hear him throughout the rooms.

Giyu checked again and saw that she was drenched in her own sweat now. Her breathing was still no better nor was anything.

"Shinobu!?" Kanao rushed in at the sight of sister in the condition she was in. Aoi soon followed her but soon ran out the door.

"I-I'll go get help-" she told them before she left.

"What happened?!"

"How should I know? I just woke up and found her like this!"