Chapter 1

(A/N : I hope you guys enjoy the fanfiction <3 , I decided to add a name for y/n, to make things easier. 

This book follows the anime. I don't own any characters except for Cherry. Other than following the original plot of the anime, I have added my own story and twisted certain parts to fit in with the x reader. Know that Cherry has been working with Ash for a while now)

--------------------

Cherry's p.o.v

I was at the bar downing my fifth shot. It was a typical Thursday night with not many people slumping around. As I reached for my sixth shot, a hand snatched the glass away and placed it back on the counter with a bang.

I turn around to face a pair of jade green eyes staring at me with disgust. I raise my eyebrow at him as I take my glass back. He smacks my arm.

''What do you think you're doing?'' I asked, feeling irritated.

''I'm not going to be the one to carry your drunk ass home tonight'', replied the blond. I scoff as I grabbed the shot and drank its contents, tipping the glass over the counter; letting the drops of alcohol drip onto the counter.

''I am perfectly capable of taking this drunk ass home myself'', I state as I turn around and show him my said drunk ass, wiggling it. I look over my shoulder to see his face turn red as he chuckles at me.

''Anyway, what brings you here?'', I say while reaching out for another shot.

''I need to talk to you about something. Let's head back to the apartment'', Ash said while grabbing my wrist and pulling me off my chair. I choked on the liquid as I struggle to put the glass back on the counter since Ash was dragging me away. The glass falls onto the floor, shattering into small pieces.

I shout an apology to the bartender as Ash continues to drag me out of the bar. We walk on the damp streets of New York in the middle of the night. I yanked my arm away from him and coughed into the crook of my elbow.

''You fucker. Couldn't. You. Give me. A. Warning-'', I say in between coughs. He smiles as he pats my back, waiting for me to finish my coughing fit. I clear my throat and follow close to the lynx, back to the apartment in silence

We both live in the same apartment, him a few floors lower than me. I walk into the elevator and lean against it.

''You okay?'' Ash asked me.

''I'm not that drunk'', I say as I walk out of the elevator when it reaches the fourth floor.

''Why did we come over here to talk?''

Ash punches in the code and unlocks the door. I follow behind him and fall on the couch. He sits on the coffee table in front of me and pulls a chain out of the pocket of his hoodie. I look at the chain and back at him in confusion.

''A man handed this to me. He said the words 'Banana Fish' ''

'' Banana Fish? Isn't that what Griffin keeps muttering about? It can't be a coincidence '', I say as I lean in to inspect the chain. He pulls the chain apart, revealing a small glass bottle full of some kind of white powder.

''A drug?'' I ask as I pull the cork of the bottle open to sniff its contents.

''Looks like it. But I don't know what kind''

''I know a doctor who could analyze this. I get the medicine for Griffin from him so we can trust this doctor'', I say. ''I got some time in the morning. I'll head over there tomorrow''

Ash stores the bottle in a drawer and tells me to pick it up when I head out tomorrow. He went to take a shower while I lay on his couch staring at the ceiling. Eventually I peeled myself off the couch. I knocked on the bathroom door, letting him know I was heading back to my apartment for the night. 

''I've got something to take care of so I won't be coming with you to see the doctor. Head back to my apartment when you've dropped the sample off alright?'', yelled Ash. 

''Alrighty, goodnight''. 

I close the front door of Ash's apartment and make my way to the elevator. 

A/N : This chapter is short I know :(