Chapter 4

⚠ Mention of rape ⚠

Cherry's p.o.v

''Skipper'', I say with my voice cracking. I pull him closer to my chest while cradling his limp body.  '

'Does it hurt?''

He nods at me while tears stream down his face.  Ash rushes over and tries to wake Skipper up. We both get off the floor to face Marvin.

''That's it'', says Ash. Marvin panics and bolts to the nearest car. Ash follows him and yanks the door of a spare car open. I hurry into the passenger seat.

''Where do you think you're going?! GET OFF'', yelled Ash while he tried to kick a police officer out of the way.

''No, I will not GET OFF. I want to kill him as much as you do. We're wasting time. JUST GO.''

Screaming in defeat, Ash slams on the gas following Marvin's car. He rips the duct tape off his wrists while driving.

The car abruptly skids to a stop when we notice Marvin's car outside an old building. Nodding at Ash, we both make out way into the building.

We see one of the doors in the building half-open.  Cautiously, we made out way to the door.

''It's dark. Where the fuck is he?'', I state while trying to find a light switch.

''Something doesn't seem right'', says Ash, walking further into the room.

He pushes a door open to reveal Marvin dead on the floor. Blood seeped out of his body staining the wooden floor beneath. An expression of shock and defeat was plastered against his face.

Ash and I look at each other in confusion until we both spot Ash's gun next to the lifeless body.

''Fuck'', cursed Ash.

''Freeze, it's the police!''

We put our hands up in surrender as they pointed their cocked guns at us. ''Look, we didn't do it okay? HE WAS ALREADY DEAD WHEN WE FOUND HIM'', I yell while thrashing about.

Charlie walks into the room looking stricken.

''Guys...did you-''

''NO, WE DIDN'T. DAMMIT'', screamed Ash while they cuffed him.

----------------

''I remember you very well Ash''. We were being interrogated by Evanstine. Ash looks away and keeps quiet.

''Oh, keeping silent, are we? What about this'', he throws a file onto the table. Magazines spilt out of the file. Charlie took a magazine out and started to go through it I looked at them with horror. 

''We found something interesting in the swine's room. There were a few videos too'', he places a CD onto a player. Ash looks very uncomfortable. I didn't make eye contact with him.

''The fuck you showing us this for? How is this related to the case?'', I yelled.

''Get back down Cherry'', mumbled Ash. He hung his head down low.

The video kept on playing in the background. Charlie and the other man watched in disgust. They both looked away saying, ''Stop, that's enough''

''That's you, isn't it? How old were you guys? 10? 11?''

We both stayed silent.

''Ash, that fat ass is Marvin, isn't he? That's why you killed him.''

''STOP IT'', yelled Ash. He was shaking.

I let out a pained laugh and looked at the interrogator dead in the eye, ''Marvin deserved to die. I'm not saying we killed him. You don't have absolute proof''.

''You were caught red-handed, what more proof do we need?''

''What about the forensic report? It looked like he wasn't only killed by a bullet''. I lean in, ''You should be arresting the people involved in those videos up there. Isn't child pornography illegal? Hell, it has to be illegal.''

Evanstine just looks at me amused.

''Lieutenant, the hospital is ready''

Two men came in to drag me out. I scream in despair, ''YOU FUCKER. YOU CAN'T DO THIS. HOW IS IT OKAY TO BE INVOLVED IN CHILD PORNO. HE DESERVED DEATH.''

''Later movie star'', said Evanstine as Ash passed him. Ash growled as he tried to kick him in the face, but was restrained by two officers. 

''He must be involved with Dino. This is all a trap'', I thought

Ash and I were transferred to the hospital. I had lost a lot of blood from the open wound on my stomach. I lay on the hospital bed that was next to Ash's while receiving some blood. The doctor mentioned that if I hadn't wrapped my abdomen up tightly, I would've lost way too much blood and it would have been fatal.

I slightly smile at the thought of Eiji helping me out. Then my smile falls when I remember Skipper. Where is he right now? I hope they send him off well.

Charlie sits by my bed, ''You both are being quite a handful. I get it. Skip was just a kid.'' Charlie goes on about wanting to indict Dino. I feel my eyes get droopy and I pass out into a deep sleep.

I wake up to a nurse unhooking me from the blood transfusion setup. I'm escorted to a police car that takes me and Ash to prison. I've never been in prison. Wonder what it's like.