Chapter 7

Cherry's p.o.v

''Who sent you? Arthur? Was it one of Golzine's men?'' asked Ash, gripping the boy by the hair and twisting his arm.

''I know nothing'', the man spat out.

''We'll take it from here'', I look over to see Shorter. ''SHORTER!!'', I yell, rushing towards him. We did our handshake and hugged each other tightly. ''Hey, Cherry. It's good to see you''.

''You guys have a handshake?'' asked Ash, ''how come I don't?''

''It's great to have you back, Ash'', says Shorter ignoring Ash's comment. One of his guys pulls the young boy off the ground.

''Let him go after he talks''.

''Still acting like a good saint, Ash?'' asks Shorter with a smirk.

We walk into the restaurant Shorter's sister owns and head upstairs.

''Eiji, you should probably head back. Ibe might be worried'', I say.

He refuses.

''I can't do anything. I might get in your way. But if I leave now, I will never forgive myself''.

Eiji started telling us about his past in Japan, being a pole vaulter.

''So we've all got our reasons'', says Shorter. ''It's up to you, Ash''.

Even though Ash was not enthusiastic about having all three of us backing him up, he agreed anyway. So that's it, we'll fight against Golzine together.

*

Ash's p.o.v

I open the door to the room Cherry was sleeping in. She was snuggled up in the blanket, rays of sunshine falling on her.

I gently push her hair out of her eyes.

''Cherry''

''Cherry, wake up'', I shake her shoulder slightly. She shifts in her sleep, mumbling to me to go away. I sigh as I lay on the bed. I put my hand on her head and ran my fingers through her hair. She had jet black, straight hair, with streaks of red flowing through.

''Breakfast's ready''.

She doesn't move. Her cheeks puff as she breathes out. I smile at the image, grab her by the waist and pull her closer to me. She shouts in protest, ''Ash, get off''.

''Shut up'', I say while hugging her head to my chest. She curses softly into my chest, before giving up and snuggling. We lay like that for a while until she starts squirming, ''Let me goooo''.

I let her go and get on top of her.

''Ash, what the hell are you doing?''

I lean in closer, ''A-Ash''. Her face turns red. I let out a laugh while I drop on her, my face in her chest.

''Play with my hair.''

''No.''

I take her hand and place it on my hand, ''Yes''. I hear her sigh before she runs her hand through my hair.

''Are you feeling okay? You were beaten up badly by Marvin and the guys at prison'', she says. I smile into her chest, touched by her concern.

''I can take a few punches. What about you? Arthur did some damage,'' I say while tracing my hand over the bandage on her stomach. I look up at her to see her smiling.

''That's healing pretty quickly. But Ash...'', she cups my face in both her hands, ''Garvey?''. Her voice fades away into a question. I guess she wants to know what happened that day at the prison library. She looks so concerned. I drop down back to her chest and mumble, ''What you're thinking is exactly, what happened.''