9. Peter - To the end

Peter POV:

When I woke up, it was to a light brush upon my face

When I woke up, it was to a light brush upon my face. I sat up quickly, startled by the sudden presence, waking up Edmund. We looked and saw a blossom person, " be still, my Princes I bring grave news from your sisters."
__________________
I walked out of Aslan's tent towards Oreius and Edmund. "She was right." Isay confirming what the blossom had said, Aslan was dead. The sounds of the smithy at full force. The sound of the forge, loud talking and many hurried footsteps is all I can hear. Aslan was supposed to help lead the fight, I had never been in a battle before, we needed him. "You must lead them now." Edmund says. With a nod the three of us walk to the map tent, the whole camp was busy with last minute preparations.

The whole council of the army stood round the table discussing what would occur within a few hours. I was asked many things that didn't make much sense, thankfully Aella would help me answer. When asked what to do she answered, "Jadis will meet our army there, she will underestimate the king due to his age and her amount of experience in things such as this. We can use this to our advantage, get to her when she will be least expecting it. She will try to use her wand as much as she can so be wary of that. She won't have laid boundaries within her army such as who to go after, she just wants to slaughter everyone and everything that gets in her and her army's way, so her troops will most likely go after anyone. We play this smart we can get out of this, it will not be easy but no one said it was ever going to be. Now," she says then turning to me, "will you lead us?"

I stare blankly at the table in thought, never would I have thought I would be preparing to fight a witch, let alone lead an army. After a moment I look up at her, "If you and Oreius will stand alongside me." I say. She nods and Oreius bows "until the end my King and Queen."
I forget that Aella is to be Queen as well, I guess we're all so focused on preparing to fight that its easy to forget certain things.
_________________
Later on I was in my tent attempting to put on my armour a knock sounded on the wooden support beam. I see Aella holding in a laugh by folding her lips inwards, a few chuckles escaping as she tries to compose herself.
"Need any help?" She asks jokingly. I give her a 'really' look, "how could you tell?" I say.
She laughs with her head back and then walks towards me and starts tightening the ties that hold the shoulder piece together and starts to completely redo the ties that hold the red lion cloth over my chainmail.
"Are you okay, with the whole...you know..." I barely ask but she seems to have understood what I meant. "He knew what he was doing, he came to an agreement with Jadis that instead of your brother it would be his life that was to be taken." Aella explained and I instantly felt worse than before.
"It is not you or your siblings fault and you couldn't have controlled the path. What we need to do now is honour him." She says whilst looking directly at me, assuring me it wasn't our fault and that we couldn't have done anything to change what happened. I nod at her in understanding as she picks up my sword from the table and hands it to me. With a faint smile, she leaves the tent, giving me some time to think. It was almost quiet for a moment, like the calm before the storm and I had never been to sea.