10. Aella- Blissful quiet

Aella POV:
After what felt like almost my entire life, the Witch was dead, my people were free. Once we returned to the camp and packed our things, we started the journey towards Cair Paravel, the castle in which the Pevensies and I were to be crowned.

We stopped moving for the night and temporarily set up a camp. As a feast began to occur I look around in search of someone but I can't find them. I decided to check the tent incase and thats where I found her. Skadi was sitting on the floor in the corner, almost tooked out of sight. I sit next to her and look at her, "Why are you hiding yourself away in here?" I ask.
"No reason in particular." She says.
"Is that so?" I ask raising my brows and give her a look.
Sighing she says "It's just that even though my mother is dead, people will still treat me like I'm her."
"How do you know?"
"Pardon?"
"I said how do you know? Since we all started travelling you have remained silent and kept quite far from others. So I ask, how do you know?" I say.
"I...I guess I don't know, but even then I'm scared of what might happen. What if they act as though I am my mother?"
"But you're not and you're allowed to be scared of what others may think, but it does not mean you should continue to be scared of voiceless and thoughtless opinions. Instead of allowing those possible thoughts to surround you and cause you to hide, show them how wrong they are, prove you aren't your mother. Because the Skadi that I know, is nothing like her mother." I say and put my arm around her shoulders.
"Thank you Aella, I never feel I deserve the kindness you have given me." She says.
"Oh how wrong you are Skadi, you are most deserving, though not by blood, you are my sister." I say and pull her into a comforting hug.

"Thank you" She says after a moment of silence has passed

I stand and pull her up to her feet and place to the book back in the satchel by the bed.
"Come on. Let's enjoy the others company, it is well earned I'd say." I tell her as I link my arm with hers and walk out of the tent with her and towards an empty place on some logs, acting as chairs. We sit down and watch as everyone is dancing, singing and laughing. I close my eyes and breath in, the smell of the trees and the food, the sound of the fire and the music, this is what I live in and I wouldn't change any of it.
I open my eyes to see the youngest Pevensie run up to us.
"Skadi do you want to dance with us, you can as well Aella?" Lucy says.
Skadi looks at me as if I was in charge.
"Go on, it's your decision and I'll join you later." I say before she gets up and nods, causing the girls to run off.
Moments later I notice someone sit next to me. I look to see Peter watching everyone else around him.
"Aren't you going to dance?" I ask.
He shakes his head slightly, "I'm waiting for someone."
Confused, I turn my head, "who?"
Peter finally looks me in the eyes and stands up before bowing slightly and stretches out his hand.
"May I have this dance?" He asks, despite the dance not being anywhere near formal or a waltz. To tease him a little I look at his hand as if I'm thinking it over for a while.
Before he was to retract his hand, I placed my palm into his. "Why yes sir." He pulls me up from the log and we walk closer to the fire and into the sea of Narnians dancing.